Joels Flannel

You and Joel had been trudging around for a few weeks to find more supplies, He had found a few things and even some clothes for you and him but more things that fit him, you were fine with. You had found a decent amount of food and ammo and Joel was impressed but wouldn't tell you since he was still the hard ass he always has been.
Joel kept and eye out and made sure you were paying attention to your surroundings, you both nearly ran into a group of runners and you had Joel stop you in your tracks as two came for you and he quickly went to pull out the axe he had on his bag but it got stuck, you pushed him to the side and brought your hunting knife straight into the side of its head and twisted it stopped and it fell you quickly turned a bit and kicked the knee of the other one and it fell to its knees and you brought your blade to the top of its head and twisted to make sure and kicked it torso so it fell back. You had blood all across your front and all over your face, you looked over at Joel and saw he got the Axe finally and he turned on his heel and it caught in the neck of a runner that had gotten behind you two and blood sprayed or missing Joel and hitting you.
He kicked its torso and it fell back onto its back and he looked at you let out a soft pant and he moved forward and looked over your clothes "You are gonna wanna change that's not gonna be fun in a few hours"
You looked over yourself and sighed "I didn't find anything at the last place and the clothes I did find I'm saving for Ellie when we get back" he nodded, after a bit of walking the blood started to dry and you two found a creek and a small cabin that was run down and had the windows broken and ivy grew all though out the entire place as you two did a walk through "Hey." He said and you turned looking at him as he pulled a green flannel out of his bag and looked at you and held it out "Here, you go get cleaned up I'm going to check the place øp it to see if there's anything" you nodded and smiled lightly at Joel "Thanks" you went out to the creek through the back door and you had smile still on your face, You had found a few bars of soap in one of the buildings you guys had check though. You set your bag down checked your surroundings every few minutes and took out the soap and got some water and lathered it in your hands and set it on your bag and washed your face and then peeled off your shirt and cleaned your chest, arms, and stomach and then pulled on the flannel and buttoned it, you grabbed your shirt and laid it in the water and used the bar of soap to try and clean it the best you can, you rung out the extra water and looked around yourself to make sure you were still safe, the Flannel was softer then you were expecting and it was kinda big on you but you were happy you didn't feel all gross and sticky as before you packed everything and found Joel in the living room area you assisted with a few cans of food and one of those comics Ellie loved so much, he looked up quickly hearing your steps and noticed it was you "All good?" He questioned, you nodded and smiled lightly, Joel looked over you and smiled lightly but coughed and it was gonna as soon as it was there "Ready to head back?" He questioned and you smiled and helped him get the things in his bag and then you two left to get back to Ellie.
Ellie saw you in his flannel and hasn't let it go since that day.

(If this has errors I'm sorry it's late and I'm tired but got this idea and had to write it)