Figment: Part 2

Archie's POV
I was meeting up with Veronica again today, and to say that I was excited would be an understatement. Veronica was like my light in the darkness, she made me forget all the shit I have been through recently and brought new hope into my life. I put on some jeans and a plain white t-shirt since we were only going to sweet water river for a picnic so I didn't want to look too fancy. I start to make my way downstairs and towards the door when my dad stopped me.

"Where are you off to son?" He queried.

"Just going to meet a new friend. Her name is Veronica. She is new to the town." I say with the same grin I always have on my face when I think of the raven haired girl.

"Oh no... I know that look." Dad sighs. "You like this girl... I mean more than a friend like her." He states.

"Oh my god dad stop!" I plead, feeling the heat raising up in my cheeks.

"Fine, sorry son." He says. "Where in town is she living anyway?" He enquirers.

"I think she said she is living in the Pembrooke." I answer quickly desperate to end this conversation so I can get to Ronnie faster.

A confused expression makes its way over my fathers face. "Are you sure about that son?" He asks in a suspicious tone. "The Pembrooke has been derelict for years." He remarks.

"No I'm pretty sure she said the Pembrooke. Maybe they have done it up." I respond.

"I drove past it yesterday Arch and it looked pretty inhabitable." He says.

"Well anyway I can't talk about this any longer or I will be late." I say grabbing my keys and rushing out the door.

****************************************************************************************

When I got to sweet water river i could see Ronnie was already there. I had to,d her to wear a swimsuit so we could go fir a swim in the river. Over her swimsuit she was wearing a simple white cover up. She looked stunning. She hadn't yet notice I had arrived, that's when an idea popped into my head. I snuck up behind Ronnie and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and lifted her in the air. She screamed and kicked at first from the fright but when she realised it was me she started to giggle.

"You scared me Archiekins! Put me down!" She yelled.

"As you wish." I smirked running toward the river and throwing her in, before cannon balling in myself next her her splashing her again in the process.

"Ugh I hate you." She whines in a joking way. 

I grabbed her waist and started tickling her. "Do you want to say you hate me again?" I say tickling her sides harder.

"Nooooo...please...stop!" She says struggling to breathe between laughing. "Fine I don't hate you!" She shouts so I stop tickling her." 

We both shortly get out of the water and start drying off. As I'm drying myself I spot Betty and Jug holding hands taking a walk along the river. 

"Hey Jug, Betts!" I shout running over to them.

"Hey Arch." They both greet me.

"What are you doing here alone?" Betty questions looking at the picnic that was set up.

"Oh I'm not here alone." I chuckle. "See that girl over there, that's Veronica. She is really great." I tell them.

"What girl?" Jug asks.

"Very funny Jughead. That girl over there." I say pointing towards Veronica. "RONNIE!" I shout waving at the raven haired girl. She smiles at me and waves back. "See that girl! She is literally the only other person here." I say getting a little frustrated.

Betty and Jug head give each other a worried glance which confuses me. They then both look at me.

"We best be going now Arch. See you around." Betty says with a small forced smile.

They turn and leave me standing there confused. Wonder that their problem was.

Jughead's POV
"Jug I'm really worried about Archie! There was definitely no girl there Jug." Betty says to me. Her eyes becoming slightly glassy in fear for what was happening to her life long best friend.

"Same Betts. I think we need to call Mr Andrews and tell him what's going on." I suggest. Betty nods at me whilst I get my phone out. I dial the number and wait for an answer.

"Hello" says the kind voice of Fred Andrews.

"Mr Andrews it's Jughead, I'm calling about Archie. Betty and I think he has been seeing things. Or more precisely seeing a girl called Veronica. He was supposed to be out with her today but we couldn't see her. We think she is just a figment of his imagination..."

A/N- Finally another update! Sorry this took so long but I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to take this idea and I only just finally decided where I wanted to go with it. There will be one more part to this which I will hopefully post soon!