4 ~ Masked

A/N
This chapter might be a little boring, but its just going to get the story started finally. Thanks for bearing with me.
————————-
Your POV

I could actually control my technology, I could scroll through Instagram without touching my phone. I could hover my laptop and choose a television channel. I could blow any lightbulb I could think of.
After experimenting with this, and almost getting caught by Mags, I realized that I could do more with this. I could do something big.

—————————

After getting all of the new social media apps, and following all of my friends, I call Peter.

"Hello?" I hear is a pant, like he's running or something.

"Where are you?"

"Uhhh justtduhh, running home, I was at the library. Ya know, doing homework stuff?"

"Call me back when you're not gasping for air, would you? And work out more, get some endurance, you nerd."

I walk out of the apartment, and take the stairs, still a little shaken from this morning. It's dark outside, and I walk down the 3 flights to the lobby, and grab the mail from our box.

There's a Vogue magazine, what looks like a teen news magazine, an Old Navy catalogue, the news paper, and a white and blue envelope addressed to me.

I never get mail.

————————

$1,295,000.

My life costs us $1,295,000.

We don't have that much money, and we lost life insurance when my mother left us. Magnolia works with a fashion company upstate but the benefits are limited.

She can't know, and I have to find a way to pay this off.
On my own.

————————

I stare at the black bag sitting on top of my closet, full of clothes I was sure I'd never wear.

I rip it open and to shuffle through the jackets, boots, tights, belts, and other of the assortment. Mostly black and purple, since I went through that phase a while ago.

I throw on a skin tight black, leather looking jacket, tight and shiny leather pants, a black belt with studs, a silver choker, and 5 inch bulky high heel boots.

(MEGA BLACK CANARY VIBES IF YOU DON'T KNOW HER SUIT LOOK IT UP)

I put my hair into two tight Dutch braids and look up the nearest bank.

————————-

Peters POV

I was just swinging through the neighborhood looking for trouble, contemplating whether or not I'd tell Y/N about being Spider-Man. She'd definitely want to try out the webs.

Ever since she woke up I've felt the connection, but it just felt like we'd always be just friends. Best friends. And I could never pressure her into a relationship with me, she almost died. It's not the right time. It'll never be the right time.