{Chapter 1} The Museum?

I need a break from this... My family is stressing me out a bit right now and all this formal humbug with the Carlyles. They are way to fancy for my liking but what am I gonna do about it?

My family moved to New York about 4 years ago from London. Yeah I have a British accent. A few people don't expect it when they first meet me but then they love it. 

Anyway, the Carlyles are nice, but their son is so cute! I kind of have a small crush on him, Phillip Carlyle. We have to see each other a lot seeing as our parents are pretty much best friends.

I think he has feelings for me as well but i'm not sure yet so i'm not going to say anything.

Anyway, I got changed into a light pink dress its not quite short but not long either but its my favourite. I but on my black shawl over it and walked out the front door, just as i did i saw a man older than me with two younger girls handing out flyers to people passing by but there are more on the ground than in peoples hands. I feel really but but as I walk past them, a little girl with brown hair hands me one and say 'Come visit the Barnum museum!' 'Oh! Thank You.' I respond walking away. Hmmm this looks really interesting! I think I might go tonight!

Its about 7 o'clock so I thought I should visit the museum now as its not too dark yet, as i approach the museum, the floor is covered with the flyers from earlier. I approach the ticket box to see a man with a dark beard leaning on the table. 'One ticket please.' I asked once I got to  the ticket booth. He looked very startled but then took my coin and handed me a ticket. As i walked in its was amazing! This place should get more business. 'Welcome to the Barnum museum!' The guy from earlier. 'Oh hi!' 'would you like a tour miss...' 'l/n but you can call y/n' 'well then y/n, would you like a tour? and i'm P.T. Barnum' 'well Mr Barnum I would love a tour' He was amazing and he let me take as long as I liked at all the exhibits. 'Thank you Mr Barnum!' 'No problem y/n and if I may ask, your not from New York are you?' 'No i'm from London but my parents moved here around 5 years ago.' 'Well that amazing but I you should never ask a woman this but if i may know, how old are you?' 'Oh i'm 20 years old.' 'Well then y/n, I hope you visit the museum again soon and Goodnight!' 'Goodnight Mr Barnum!'

As I left the museum and started walking down the road I was mostly looking at the floor until i bumped into someone. 'I'm so sorry miss!' They said to me 'Phillip?' I looked up to see the face of the mysterious person but instead i found Phillip Carlyle. 'y/n! What are you doing out so late?! Anything happen! I'll walk you home' 'Well i could ask you the same thing and I can walk home myself.' 'No, I insist. But, why are you out so late?' 'I was visiting the new museum.' 'That place has no business, how was it?' 'Yeah, it was good, i'd go again.' The rest of the walk was full of small talk until we made it back to my house 'Thank You Phillip.' 'No problem y/n, but please don't out this late again, I worry about you and if anything happened i'd blame myself.' 'No worry's, I won't, Goodnight' 'Goodnight y/n, sleep well.' 

I entered my house to find my mother sitting in the armchair next to the fireplace. 'Hello y/n, Its 10 pm why are you back so late?' 'Oh I went for a walk Mother.' 'That's fine but be back earlier next time please.' 'I will.' 'and y/n.' 'Yes?' 'Who was that young man outside with you?' 'Oh it was Phillip. I bummed into him walking back and he offered to walk me home because there was some sketchy people out and he was worried.' 'Hes such a kind gentlemen! Anyway you should head to bed now.' 'I will, wheres Father?' 'Hes working late.' 'Oh okay, Goodnight Mother.' 'Goodnight y/n.'

-HEY GUYS! SOOOO... THAT WAS THE FIRST CHAPTER! HOW DID U LIKE IT? I ENJOYED WRITING IN SOOOO UNTIL NEXT TIME, GOODBYE MY LITTLE HEARTS!!!-