Chapter 28: What Have You Done

Hope this makes you guys laugh a little

Hope this makes you guys laugh a little. Please vote and comment!
"Austin just turn right," I said. "But you told me to just keep going straight," he said. "Yeah, until I realized that you didn't fill up on gas," I said. Austin turned right and suddenly the car started to slow down. Austin pulled off to the side of the road and I groaned in frustration. "Okay, I admit it. This is all my fault," he said. I got out the car and of course since Colorado literally never has internet service, my phone had no bars. "How's your phone looking?" I asked. "Nothing," he said and held it up to show me that he had no service also. I sighed and got back in the car since it was cold. I got some blankets out of the backseat and covered myself up. "Well we can't stay here," I said.

"We're in the middle of nowhere Kay, where are we going to go?" he asked. "The ranch is only four miles away. We can just walk it," I said. Austin groaned and grabbed a blanket as we started to walk. As we started walking I started to remember a memory that I had with Brandon and my family.

2015
"You know David, maybe if you filled up the tank this wouldn't have happened," Mom scolded. "Okay! I'm sorry!" he said. We were on a road in Texas that no one goes on. We called it the "secret road" because it was road not that many people knew about. Brandon and I got out of the car and it was hot. "I can't deal with this," I said. "Well you wouldn't have to unless your father remember to fill the tank," Mom said. "Mom, it's okay. He already know it's his fault," I said. Mom sighed and Brandon and I started to walk down the road. It was hot and it got hotter as time went by.

"That's it, the shirt is coming off," I said and took my shirt off. "Honey!" Dad yelled. "I'm sorry! It's hot!" I said. "Yeah me too," Brandon said and took his shirt off. "Bro your shirt is drenched," I said and laughed as his shirt was filled with sweat. "I know look," he said and twisted it to make all his sweat come out. I laughed and my parents look at us weird. "What?" I said. "Do not judge us," I said. Brandon laughed and as we kept walking, we noticed how there was much emptiness in Texas. It was just dirt and some road smacked in the center of it all.

"Can I get a piggy back ride?" I asked Brandon. "Hell no," he said. "It's hot," he added. We continued like this for about an hour and a half until we made it safely at a gas station.

End of flashback*
"Do you ever just come out here to look at it all?" Austin asked as he motioned to all the grass that probably went out for miles. "Sometimes. I only came out here with my Dad, and back then I hated it. I hated being far away from Brandon for long periods of time," I said. "Brandon was your best friend in high school?" Austin asked. "My only best friend," I said. Austin smiled. "It has always been us," I said. "We never tried to bring anyone else into our circle, and if one of us did, it would be a mess,"

2016

"Just give them a chance B!" I begged. "No Kaylee," he replied. "Why not? They're nice girls and the boy is really chill too," I said. "Kaylee, you do realize that the news about me joining a band is all over school right?" he asked. "Yeah so?" I asked. "They probably want to join our circle because of that," I said. "That literally is not true. They just want to be our friends because their friends are fake," I said. "That's the story they tell you," he said. "Are you trying to say that no one wants to be my friend?" I asked. "No Kaylee! I'm just saying that I like us like this. We don't need anybody else," he said. I sighed and stood up from my seat.

"Okay Brandon, and what happens when you move to LA huh? I'm I just expected to follow you? I will have no one here when you leave and you get the chance to form five new friendships," I said. "Kay, come on that isn't fair," he said. "Well it's true!" I yelled as the tears streamed down my face. Truth was, I didn't want him to leave. I wanted him stay here and be with me. I wanted us to be able to live a life together beyond high school. He was the only person I had in my life beside my family.

"I'm sorry Kay, I really am," he said. Then again, this was his dream. I can't pull him back from achieving everything he wanted in life. Brandon only loves four things in life; music, dancing, his family, and me. I had to let him go so he can achieve his dreams. I couldn't be a baby and whine about me not having friends. "It's okay," I said. All I wanted to do was to make us normal again.

End of flashback*
"Two more miles to go," Austin said. I nodded and looked at long, empty road ahead of us. "This is a disaster," I said. "It could be worse," Austin said. I nodded and he turned to me. "So any interesting stories you have to make this go by faster?" he asked. "Yeah," I said. "I have a lot with Brandon," I said. "Let me hear it," he said.

2013
Freshman year went by fast and now B and I were making plans for summer. The first thing we wanted to do was go to the beach. As I finished getting dressed, I heard Brandon knock on the front door. I ran downstairs, I was excited for today.

My dad turned to me and handed me sunscreen. "Make sure you put some on," he said. I nodded and he kissed my cheek. I grabbed my backpack and opened the door. Brandon smiled at me and we got into his car. "Hey Kay, nice to see you," Gina said. "Hi, you too," I said.

She drove to the beach and as soon as she parked she gave us rules to follow. We promised we wouldn't do anything bad or go crazy. As soon as she believed our promises we got out the car and ran towards the sand. We found a spot that was not that close to the water, but close enough for us to watch our belongings.

I took off my shirt, shorts, and sandals. Brandon did the same thing. Once we were done we ran towards the water and got in. "It's cold!" I said. Brandon laughed and I turned to him since he was staring off to the distance. "What are you looking at?" I asked. I turned my head to the direction he was looking at and notice a group of girls. I started laughing, "What are the odds of you going up to one of them to ask for their number?" Brandon groaned and I laughed. "Ready? One, two, three. Six," "Six," he said. I laughed and he threw his head in his hands. "You always pick six," I said. "I know!" he said in frustration. I laughed and Brandon made his way over to the girls.

From far away he looked like a scrawny little boy trying to get a college girls number. He tried to walk cool, but instead it looked like he had a dick up his butt. I laughed as he finally stood in front of the girls. To be honest, he looked scared. Which made me worry for him. They started talking and I was curious to what they were saying.

Brandon started walking back to me and by his facial expression he looked embarrassed and did not get their numbers. "What happened?" I asked as he finally got to me. "They said I was cute," he said. "That's a good thing," I said. "And then they asked if I was ten," he added. I bursted out in laughter and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it out," he said.

End of flashback*
Austin started laughing. "You're lying, that did not happen," he said. "I swear it did," I said. Austin laughed even harder. "Oh my goodness, that is funny," he said. I laughed and looked ahead of me. "Oh my god we're here," I said. Austin and I started running towards the house and sighed in relief as Zion walked out of the house. "Took you guys long enough," he said. "We've been waiting for you guys so we can get food," he said. "Good, I'm starving," I said. Zion laughed and we all walked inside so Austin and I could change and shower.