1

I sat on the subway on my way to school. A couple of kids from my school sat on the other side of the bus. My eyes were focused on my book. Across from me stood a boy with bouncy brown hair. His eyes were focused on his phone, but occasionally shifted to his shoes or the pole in front of him.
       Once we got off the subway, I began my small walk up to the school. I watched as kids I had gone to school with filed in front of me. I didn't have many friends here. Being new isn't the easiest thing in highschool. The pressure to find new friends was probably the worst. I've only been to this school a couple of days, and i seemed Invisable at best.
         Classes weren't much different. I sat in the middle of the class most of the time, next to people I didn't know.
Chemistry class was probably the weirdest. I sat next to the boy from the train, with the big brown hair. He often times fiddled with things inside the desk. I think his name was Parker?
     Most of the time I ate lick Alone. I sat at the edge of a long table. On the other side sat that Parker kid and one of his friends. Occasionally the kids from the acedemic decathlon sat with the two of them.
     After school, I walked home. I took the subway halfway. When I got off, I decided to check out a subshop on the corner. Dad wasn't going to be home until late, so I should get something for dinner. I wasn't really watching when I walked in, which is probably why I walked into something.... Someone? I tried to sit up, but my head hit the ground so hard, it hurt to even open my eyes.
    "Oh my god are you okay?" I heard a voice say, I could feel hand on my arms trying to help me up. Eventually I sat up, and opened my eyes. It was Parker.
   "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking when I came in." I said, rubbing my head.
    "It was totally my fault, I should have paid more attention" the boy chuckled.
     "Do you need medical attention?" The sub shop owner asked.
     "No it's fine really, just a little bummed up." I said, standing up now.
      "Your that Parker kid from school aren't you?" I asked. His face flushed red at my words.
     "It's Peter actually, but yeah. I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?" He asked.
     "Octavia Noir. I'm new at the school, we have chem lab together." I said.
     "Oh, your the new police captains daughter aren't you?" He asked.
     "Yeah, that's me" I smiled. He wasn't supposed to know that. My dad hasn't even been announced as captain yet.
     "Well, can I walk you home? I don't want you passing out on the way there." Peter said.
      "I'm sure I'll be fine" I said.
      "I insist" he said, holding the door open for me. I sighed and walked out of the sub shop. I was so out of it, I forgot to buy some subs.
      "So tell me. How did you know my dad's the new police captain? He hasn't been announced yet." I said as we walked down the street.
       "Oh, uh, I like to listen to police radios..." Peter said nervously.
      "I think that's illegal" I said.
      "Only if I'm caught." He chuckled.