Chapter two: The popular trio

The next day of school was anxiety induced for me. Even as I left the safety of my house and walked to school I felt like I was hyperventilating. But when I got there no one even gave me a second glance. I saw a few girls that I recognized from my choir class yesterday, and even they didn't give me a look. They just ignored me, unless they had to step out of my way.

I reached my locker and my hand rested on the dial heavily. I was becoming lost in thought. It had to have been a dream. Just a really, weird, lucid dream. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, and my stomach churned uneasily. Why am I acting like this? It was just a dream? I wanted to believe myself, but something in my mind would listen.

"Hi." said a bubbly girls voice. It sounded distant at first. I almost wondered if it was in my head, then i remembered i was in a school, with other people.

I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment to clear my mind. When I turned around I saw the trio of girls from the other day. I played with my fingers nervously. I hated social confrontation. "Hi." I mumbled.

The girl with light brunette hair stepped forward. "I'm Felicity," She held out her hand like a princess. I refused to shake hands. I scowled for about half a second but returned to smile to the upright position. "This is Belle," She gestured to the girl with red hair. Belle had her arms crossed over her chest and a pout on her face. I wasn't sure how to feel about her yet.

"Pleased to meet ya." Her accent was North Carolinian.

"And this is Vivianne." Felicity pointed out the blond girl.

Vivianne didn't waste time introducing herself. She came forward and took my hand, shaking it excitedly. "Hi, I've been waiting to meet you." She leaned in slowly. "How did you do it?" She asked with a wide grin, like she was sharing gossip at a lunch table. She was the one with the bubbly voice.

I saw Belle's foot stomp on Vivianne's. "Ow!" she protested.

I crossed my arms, hiding my hands from anymore contact. "I'm sorry, do what?" I inquired.

Felicity sighed and Belle rolled her eyes. Apparently the jig was up. Felicity took my hand. "Walk with us." She commanded with a sweet tone.

I reluctantly allowed her and the other girls to lead me outside. The courtyard was lined with lilac shrubs and small rounded gardens dotting the yard, planted with poppies, white camellias, delphiniums, and calla lilies.

I used to have my own garden in Kansas.

"So?" Belle inquired.

"So what?" I retorted.

"How did you do it?" I could practically feel excitement radiating from Vivianne.

"I don't think I follow?" I knitted my brows with confusion.

"How did you sing like that?" Felicity offered.

My breath hitched in my throat and my anxiety took hold. Felicity must have felt me holding back the shaking my hands wished to do, and stopped our small procession.

"I see you're a little freaked out?" felicity cocked her head, coming to stand in front of me.

It wasn't a dream, and someone did remember it. I was more than a little freaked out.

"You were singing in Insoshi." Vivianne blurted.

I shook my head. The name sounded like it belonged to a tribe in Africa. "There weren't even words, I was just singing in notes." I protested.

Felicity smiled like there was hope left in this world. "That was the language of the Insoanny. They don't use words, just sound intervals."

"Though there were somethings we still couldn't understand, like you were mixing words." Belle interjected. Clearly she found that about as upsetting as I did.