~Chapter 3~

Herdis P.O.V

It was early morning by the time I decided to head out of bed. I was staying in a side room near Borg and Torvi in the great hall, I had awoken to hear my brothers angry yells about the sabotages that Rollo and Bjorn were doing the previous night. Smiling slightly I softly walked into the great hall and lent against one of the walls silently watching my brother throw his little temper tantrum. "By the Gods I swear I will get my revenge on Rollo if its the last thing I do." he murmured after dismissing everyone I figured now would be a good time to show myself. 

"Oh dear brother, are you really loosing your temper over one little warrior? I mean his brother is the one you got to worry about, Not only did you steal his home from him but you threatened his family and murdered some of his people. Now from what I saw when we first met him, You could of possibly gotten away with murdering his people however you would never get away with threatening his family, so I must say my the gods have mercy brother, may the gods have mercy" I utter as I came into his view with a smirk. 

"Ah sister, come join me as we talk strategy for when Ragnar comes back." Borg asked completely dismissing my previous statement as he sat at one of the many tables there. Sighing I joined him and waited. "We need to strengthen our hold on the fjord." I suggest as that is the entrance to Kattegat by water, Borg nodded "maybe place wood on top of the water and set it alight when they are near?" He suggested and I shook my head. "The wood won't stay dry, for the mean time place men there to stand guard" I respond "NIKULAS!" My brother shouted and with in two minutes Nikulas stood in front of my brother. "I need you to post men along the cliff side of the Fjord as spotters for when Ragnar returns." 

He nodded before disappearing. "Well brother if that is all I request to leave your presence?" I spoke softly looking out the door. "I wish to go for a ride" I explained to his curious look causing him to nod in response. I smiled slightly before leaving heading to my room I stripped my night dress off and grabbed a wash cloth before dipping it into the warm bowl of water that one of the slaves must have freshly put there. once I was satisfied that I was clean enough I opened my trunk and rummaged for my blue baggy shirt that was my brothers that dines in Valhalla and my  black training  pants  before heading out to my dapple grey stallion and jumped onto his back I grabbed a fist full of his mane before lightly tapping him into the direction of the hills hoping that I will be able to find Rollo somewhere. 

It took roughly three hours before I stumbled upon a house and by chance I happened to see Rollo duck into the house following a man. Smiling to myself I urged Hirmfaxi to start walking down the hill to the house. I saw a woman come out of the house. She looked like Princess Aslaug and I grinned I finally found them. "Princess Aslaug!" I called causing her to look over and freeze.