Chapter One

A/N: String me up and I dunno... murder me or something. I swore that I wouldn't start anything till I'd finished something. However, desperate times call for desperate measures. Honey in YtH is making me wish to be able to give the little guy some love and that's supposed to be a Mori fanfic! So, without any guilt- okay, with a lot of guilt- I present Sweet and Sour! My new HoneyxOC fanfic! Chapters will normally be longer than this, but I wanted to see what you guys think! Post if you want more, I'm going to try and work on my other stories!

Edit: This story has decided to be a continuation of Yours to Hold, but at the same time it's own story. Meaning, if you want to experience it fully, reading YtH first, although you don't have to read it in order to have fun with the HoneyxOC events in this story. There are simply a lot of spoilers that will occur towards YtH within these chapters in the future, so if you ever do plan on reading that story, it might not be as fun as it would have been. Just a little warning. 

<3

It’s funny how quiet things can be if you get up before everyone else. Personally, I love the feeling. It’s all too easy to imagine that you’re the only person in the world at moments like those. That there are no rules and no limits.

“They’ll get mad at me when they discover you’ve gone missing.”

However, something always has to interrupt those feelings.

I finished pulling the laces on my tennis shoes tight before I glanced up at the speaker. His golden toned hair partly blocked view of his eyes as the extremely curly strands hung loose, but I didn’t need to see his eyes to know that the way his lips were twisted up in amusement would be displayed there as well. Elias had his back pressed to the stone wall that ringed the estate and for a moment I considered pointing out to him that if he got his clothes dirty by doing that the servants would scold him even if I did go back into the house.

“They can’t get mad if you’re not there,” I replied instead. Elias seemed even more amused if possible. “You’re supposed to come wherever I go, aren’t you?”

As I stood, my words caused my hand to fall to my pocket and brush the crumpled paper stuffed inside. Elias frowned, as if he knew where my thoughts were focused.

“That’s true,” he said after a moment. “Which path are you taking today?”

“The one that goes through the park,” I informed him instantly.

Elias cocked his head, probably drawing up all the risks of going that far from the house with just him. I sighed, stretching my arms above my head and getting a satisfying pop for my efforts.

“You don’t have to be worried,” I reminded Elias. “Without Papa being in the important position he was in, I’m of no risk. Why would someone want to kidnap or harm me when no benefit would come to them for it?”

He seemed to think the matter over for a moment longer before nodding and pushing off of the wall.

“Very well. Are you ready to go or have you not stretched?”

“Not stretched.”

“I’ll stretch with you, then.”

A short amount of time later we took off down the sidewalk. The morning air was cool and each breath I drew in reminded me of just how cool. I could hear the faint echo of Elias’s rhythmic beat as his feet hit the ground a short distance behind me. Beyond that, the only sound was the sound of that breath. Well, that breath and the sound of my own heart. The closer we came to the park, the louder and more consuming that sound seemed to come. By the time we reached the gates my thoughts had begun to spun once again, not even the run managing to keep them at bay for long.