Chapter 3

"this is Miguel all over again!" yelled Tío berto as he threw de la cruz record along with a Selena photo.

"don't bring that up!" Miguel rolled his eyes as he stood next to his husband.

"mijo, why are keeping secrets from your family?" Marco asked. Nigel stuttered. "I was just.. I don't know!" he sighed.

Luisa rolled her eyes. "Nigel, you know the family rules!" she said.

"I know mama Luisa but I can't help it. I love music, Papi! You loved music too!"

Miguel winced and cringed slightly at the thought. "yes, but Nigel, that was 10 to 11 years ago. That's over now"

"but, if it was, then explain this!" Nigel then pulled out the notebook he found in his parents bedroom. Miguel gasped.

"where did you get that?" Miguel asked angrily.

"mijo what is that?"

"tío Ernesto, who is that? This book, hold the information on Papi's great great grandfather!" he yelled.

The Family gasped.

"Miguel, you too?"

"n-no. Mama coco gave it to me as a birth gift. It was for Nigel when I had him. Now give it to me Nigel, that's very old and it's fragile" he said as he reached out for it.

Nigel moved it away from him. "Nigel Anthony Rivera de la cruz, give. Me. The. Book" Marco growled st his son.

Nigel shook his head.

"mijo. Give me the book. Please what are you doing?" he said.

"no! I don't know why you keep denying my dream! Just because you couldn't live your life doesn't mean I can't live mine!" he yelled. Not even a second later he felt a sting on his cheek and people gasping.

Nigel touched his cheek shaking when he looked at Miguel who looked at his hand in shock.

" Nigel" Nigel shook his head as tears filled his eyes before running out of the family hacienda.

"Nigel!" Miguel ran after him.

"Mi amor! Mijo wait!" Marco yelled as he followed.

Nigel ran, wiling his eyes ad he ran to the plaza, Olly at some point joining him.

He ran to the cemetery, still crying. He knew one place he could go to.

He ran to de la cruz's tomb.

Once stopping in front of the big tomb, he walked to the window, jumping on the pane, and pushing it. "ugh. Locked" he said to himself.

He then looked up to see the fireworks before getting a idea. He timed the same moment the firework exploded.

"lo siento" he then hit the window, breaking the lock and opening the window.

He jumped in quietly, stifling a gasp when stepping on a piece of glass.

He then went to the coffin touching it carefully, wiping his eyes.

"Ernesto de la cruz..... Did you know my great great great grandpa? Mt family has banned music because of him. And the way he talks about you... I would guess you were his best friend" he spoke softly.

He then jumped onto the coffin carefully, going on his knees as he touched the white guitar.

"wow...."

"Nigel Rivera de la cruz!" Nigel jumped in surprise seeing Miguel slide through the window his other father following.

"what are you doing?" Marco asked as he walked over to his son. "I..."