Chapter 7: Cause t-shirts are cool right?

"Matt! Why didn't you come out for drinks yesterday night?" Sam asked me as soon as I entered the office.

"Wait you went with the guys?"

"Yeah! Josh invited me and a few others, other than the 'apparent regulars', so yeah it was pretty fun! But we missed you though..." her eyebrows knitted, as her eyes asked me where I was even though her mouth didn't spell it.

"I- uh I went to consult my uh friend about something..." I looked away from Sam, not wanting to make it anymore awkward...

"So how's your progress, you know, with the girl?" She asked, smiling mischievously.

"With the girl? Ah yeah, it's great?" I cringed at how my own statement sounded like a question to myself.

"You know you can ask me any help you want, right?"

"Of course! I know you will be there for support! It's just..." I sighed. "In life, sometimes you just have to do some stuff on your own, whether you like it or not." I smiled wistfully.

She was so close, yet so far away...

"Wow that was super deep!" She laughed.

"And... how's stuff with you and Turing?"

"Oh Keith? He's great! Amazing in fact! We went on a date day before yesterday and he's quite the gentleman! Also, we danced yesterday night at the club." She sighed dreamily.

"That's great Sam! Listen I have to get these on the boss's..." I gestured to the files in my hand

"Oh! Sure go ahead!"

"I'm sorry, it's just.."

"Matt, it's fine, just go!"

~*~*~*~***~***~

I adjusted my Guns and Roses t shirt before I got out of my car. It had taken me a few minutes to find the address that the ladies had given me, and a few more minutes of sitting in the car double checking if I had come to the correct address. Because there was no way in hell that this was the place that they called The Club. Because it was too... posh? Luxurious? Decorated? On the high end? And I got all that from looking at the entrance.

Yet I had never heard of such a bustling and busy night club like this one. Sure, it was a pretty shady neighborhood, but a good club is a good club. Reviews of this place would have spread like wildfire.

I walked slowly, processing what I was about to do, what all was at stake. Nervousness would have been the most simplest way to explain what I felt. But it wasn't just nerves. The inner turmoil had everything in the spectrum of emotions, from confusion and doubt till excitement and determination.

Just as I was about to walk into the club, a large, muscular man, stopped me. "Where's your invitation?"

"Uh invitation?"

"Yeah! This club is invitation-only! Now don't waste my time if you-"

"Jayyyyyy! He's with us!" Delilah suddenly appeared, her white summer dress fluttering around her like the petals of a flower, caught in the wind.

"Lila!" The man grinned as he side-hugged her and let me pass.

"How do you know him?"

"I was the one who interviewed and hired him here." She shrugged.

"Oh" I managed to sound politely interested, despite not wanting to intrude.

The moment we entered the club, my eyes were assaulted with the contrasting brightness and darkness of the strobe lighting and my ears were wailing due to the pain of listening to a really high pitch rendition of some song I vaguely remembered listening to, on the radio.

The place smelled like bad food, alcohol and lots of other human fluids, which almost brought up my gag reflex.

Just as the song finally finished, out of nowhere someone pushing past me spilled their drink, and I lost them in the crowd.

"Damn son! You look like hell!" A drag queen in a black dress who had been sitting a few feet away rushed to help me find tissues and lead me to what I thought were the wash rooms.

What I failed to realise was they were not washrooms, but private rooms for stuff.....