Chapter 3

Anjali was searching for Aarav as it was a nice chance to take out the truth from him, at least the things which he knows, that can also be a great help for them. She knew where he must be. She went to the poolside and there he was watering the plants as usual. She took a deep breathe and prayed to Devi Maiya to help her and that she can know something important or just a hint to save her Chhote.

She went near him and sat at his level. Aarav noticed her and smiled but didn't say anything.  Anjali closed her eyes and taking a deep breath, started " Waah Aarav you are taking care of the plants so nicely. You know Chhote also loves gardening and he will be very happy to know that you were taking care of his plants so nicely. He'll appreciate this surely." She said with a smile.

Aarav's eyes twinkled at that and a huge smile appeared on his face "Really? ASR will appreciate me. Now I'll water them everyday so that ASR would be happy with me." He said cheerfully as if yearning for that appreciation and love.

Anjali looked at his innocent eyes and that charming smile she felt immense satisfaction in her heart.
She cupped his cheek and said "Your smile is so endearing, why don't you smile often and remain happy? Why are you so angry all the time?"

"No I wont smile. Mom said to not smile often and be an angry kid" Aarav blurted out. But realizing his mistake he ignored Anjali and started to water the plants again.
After all he was just a kid how would he know to defend himself. So he chose to simply ignore.

Anjali frowned listening that. 'Why would Sheetal teach that to her son? Every mother wants that her child would smile and be happy, why is she doing this to this innocent soul?'

She came out of her thoughts and saw Aarav sweating and ignoring her. She decided to make him relax and comfortable first.

"By the way Aarav what are your other hobbies other than this? I know you like basketball but you dont know how to play you are still learning that. So what do you like other than that?" Anjali asked hoping for a hint.

"Who told you I dont know how to play basketball? I can play basketball very well I am best at it. In fact no one can win from me". Aarav said proudly as he was angry when Anjali said that he cannot play basketball nicely and that triggered him.

Anjali was again confused because according to Sheetal Aarav didnt know basketball and so she wanted Chhote to teach him. One more lie. How many lies has this woman told so far?

"I am so sorry Aarav I didn't know that. Ok leave it. What do you like to eat? Spicy food or sweet dishes? Whats your favourite dish?" She asked

"I love sweets. And my favourite is laddoo. I can eat them the whole day"  Aarav became excited in the name of sweets and blurted the truth. Hence another lie of Sheetal was caught.

"What? You love sweets? But Sheetalji told that you have diabetes. Then how come you can eat laddoos?" This time Anjali was in utter shock. This woman lied about her own child's illness? This was something unbearable for her. But sensing that Aarav was again conscious about it and sweating she decided to leave that topic or else she wont be able to know more.

Aarav was looking away because he knew he blurted out a very major thing and if his mom comes to know then he is gone.

"Ok leave all that. Dont worry I wont tell your mom anything and you can eat a little sweet its ok." Anjali cupped his cheek and said lovingly in order to calm him down. She knew he must be scared of Sheetal.

Aarav relaxed a bit. "Thank you so much. You are so nice and sweet" He said with a smile.

"Thank you. So do you like jalebis?" Anjali asked smiling