The agreement

Bucky watched her as she walked away from the table. God he felt old, he had given her compliments, and all she ever did was smile. She was absolutely stunning, her hair was long, and he just wanted to run his hand through it. A smile angels would die for and stunning green eyes. Girls back in the day would be head over heels for the things he used to say but these days, things were different. Kids these days used their phones, apps, hook ups, it made no sense to him.
    As he left the diner he thought about who he could turn to help him. Steve wouldn't be any better at this then he would, hell,  that punk could even get a dame to look at him back in the day. Sam would laugh at him if he thought about approaching the subject, hell most of the guys would. Natasha had been gone on assignment and that left one person.
    Y/n, the two of you always argued and fought. It's not that you weren't a nice person, it was just you constantly threw how little he knew about todays world at him. Making him remember that even though he looked young, he was in fact a hundred years old.
    He got back to the compound and went to the training room where he knew you would be. You liked to get your training done first thing in the morning before the recruits came in. He didn't blame you on that one, they always saw you as weak, on more then one occasion he had seen you put a recruit in their place. It was impressive not that he would ever tell you.
      Just as predicted there you were, throwing kicks and punches at an imaginary assailant, sweat glistening from your body. His eye traveled over your body, leggings and a black sports bra as usual. Just cause he didn't care much for you didn't mean he didn't look. He walked to you, unable to see the blue tooth head phones in your ears.
    "Y/n, can I ask you something?" Bucky asked getting closer.
    You spun, throwing your heel up high, almost catching the ex assassin by surprise. He blocked the kick with his vibrainum arm, your eyes widen for a brief moment before narrowing. You didn't hesitate as you threw a punch at him next, Bucky's lips forming a thin line.
     "God dammit, you've got those things in your ears." He muttered blocking the punch, he dropped suddenly sweeping out your feet. You landed hard on the mat, rolling to the side jumping back to your feet. You pulled an ear bud out, glaring at him.
    "What do you want freezer burn?" You snapped, walking away to your bag.
    "Just wanted to talk to you, jeeze, but you had those damn things in your ears again." He snapped back, alright this wasn't going as planned.
     "I'm sure you saw I was training, unless your eye sight is going bad in your old age, along with your sanity." You huffed, turning your phone off and tossing the buds in your gym bag. 
     "Okay, let me try this again cause obviously this didn't start out the way I wanted it to." Bucky said, running his hands through his hair.
    "Alright, Barnes, What is it you want?" You asked, throwing your gym bag over your shoulder walking towards him.
     "Uh, so, there's this girl.." he started, suddenly feeling stupid for even coming to you.
     "You came down here to interrupt me cause of some girl?!" You rolled your eyes as you started to walk away. Bucky snagged the inside of your elbow before you got two steps away from him.
     "Will you just listen?" He snapped, his blues turning cold on you.
      "Fine, you have two minutes." You spun, crossing your arms staring at him.
     "There is a girl at the diner, and I want to ask her out but I don't know how." He sighed letting go of you.
    Your jaw dropped, and eyes widen. Out of all the people at the compound, he, The Bucky Barnes, the one Steve used brag about being a ladies man, was coming to you for help. You of all people. The one person he couldn't stand, you did what anybody would do in that moment, you laughed.
     "Nice joke, Barnes, there are countless other people here who can help you get laid. I'm not going to subject any poor girl to your mood swings." You chuckled beginning to walk away.
     "This isn't just about getting laid, god I hate that term. Come on y/n, you don't think I've thought about asking for help from some body else? Trust me, you are the last person I would ask for help from, but yet here I am." He remarked following you, you shook your head at the declaration. "Come on, please, you don't know how hard this was to ask you for help."
     "No, not going to do it, I've got better things to do like rearrange my closet from soft black to demonic black, iron my cat, or watch paint dry." You snarked back, pushing the door open on the training room. Bucky grabbed your arm again, and forced you to turn to face him.
     "I'll do anything you ask, I won't argue, I just need help." He said, he was earnest, you could see it in his eyes.
     You took a deep breath and sighed, you thought of all the ways you could torment him in the process. Plus truthfully it's not like you had anything better to do, you were still healing from the last mission anyway. And Captain said you needed team building exercises with Bucky anyway,  as he was the only team member you didn't get along with.
    Not that you hated the poor guy, but he was always comparing now to back in the forties and it drove you nuts. He also had this annoying habit of calling you kid, and showing just how strong he was when the two of you sparred. So you made it your mission to piss him off just for the fun of it.
     "Fine, I'll help you Barnes, but if this backfires it's your fault." You stated, pulling your arm away and started to leave him again. "Meet me down in the kitchen at 01 on the dot or I call it off!"
     "I'll be there." He said softly, a smile beaming on his face.