Chapter 3

I walk towards the music I hear playing. As I get closer to the music, the scenery starts to become familiar. I turn around the corner, to where I see Louis playing the piano. A smile skids across my face, as I prepare myself to talk to him. I walk closer to him, to where he acknowledges my presence. I get butterflies in my stomach as I hear him say, "Hey Clem! Pretty cool being a leader now, isn't it?" I stutter as I say "Y-yeah. It's quite scary if I'm being honest. Making all these decisions for the group is quite a big job." Louis responds with, "You're one the bravest people I've ever met. You can surely handle this big role." I smile, as my cheeks go all red. To continue the conversation, I think of the time where he almost called me pretty. "Did you almost call me pretty, when you were voting for me?" I say with a smile. I see a nervous grin run across his face. "If we're being honest here, yeah I almost did. But, it's true. You are pretty." I feel my heart sink into my stomach, as my arms and legs start to tremble. I laugh and say "Thanks" at the same time.
"Have you ever played the piano?" He asks. I reply with "Wish I had the chance. Although, I played the guitar as a kid." He chuckles, then says "Well if you want, I can teach you how to play the piano?" I respond with "Sure if you don't mind." "Of course I don't mind! It'd be my pleasure," Louis says in a cheerful voice. He gets up from the worn out stool and stands over the piano. "What song do you want to learn to play?" He questions. "I'd like to learn to play Oh my darling, Clementine." I see his eyes sparkle up. "That's a good choice, I must say. It's a simple song to play as well." He pauses to think of the notes to play for the song. "First you want to play the F note, which is this one". He points to it, and then allows me to play the same note. As he continues to teach me to play the song, I wonder if I should confess my feelings to Louis. Like Louis said before "There's only one guarantee, this moment. That's the only thing you got. That's the only thing any of us got. Might as well enjoy it." I close my eyes, and sigh. "Hey Louis, can I tell you something?" He looks over at me with a soft smile. "Sure! What's up?" "I know we've only met three days ago but, I like you," I somehow manage to say. I see the shock in his eyes. He replies with "Do you like me as a friend or mor-" "I like you more than a friend! I have feelings for you. I don't like confessing to these sort of things but, I thought I should tell you." I see the happiness in his eyes. The words "I like you too" manage to escape his soft mouth. We stare at each other in shock, and happiness. "So um what do we do no-" Louis lighting touches my face, and leans in for a kiss. His soft lips press against mine, for a solid ten seconds. "I guess we kiss then," I say in a flattered voice. "You're not a bad kisser," he says in an overjoyed voice. "Uh oh. Looks like the little man saw," Louis says in a concerning voice. I look to the door, where I see AJ standing. "Well shit. Now I have to explain to him that we're a-" I didn't want to say the word "couple" in case Louis gets weirded out. "Just explain to him that we're a couple. Don't worry about it." I see him wink at me, as I walk over to AJ. I croach down next to AJ, prepared to answer his questions. "What did you guys just do? Why were pressing your lips up against his?" AJ says in a disgusted voice. I look at Louis, then back at AJ. "When you have feelings for someone, you can expresses it by kissing." "What's kissing?", AJ questions. "It's what you just saw Louis and I do." AJ looks at Louis, with shock. "You have feelings for Louis?" AJ says in surprise. "Extremely strong feelings," Louis says in a teasing voice. I look at Louis with a smirk, and continue to answer AJ's enquires. "Why do you have feelings for Louis?" AJ wonders. I look over at Louis, to see him excited to hear my response. "Sometimes you fall in lo- I mean like someone, for the strangest reasons. I find Louis attractive, funny, and positive." I see Louis give me a big smile. AJ looks in Louis' direction. "Why do you like Clem, Louis?" I see Louis' face go all red. He stutters at first, but manages to say, "She's tough, but is a sweet person inside. She cares about others, and shows kindness to people who need it." AJ still looks lost. "Sometimes when you have feelings for someone, you call them either your girlfriend, or boyfriend," I say to AJ. "Will I ever have a girlfriend?", asks AJ. I let out a sigh. "Maybe. Who knows." I get up from crouching, and stand up straight.
Suddenly, Aasim comes running through the door. "Clementine, we need you out here. We have a bit of a situation." Aasim quickly darts out of the room once again. AJ follows Aasim, leaving Louis and I alone, once again. "Well, looks like you have a situation to handle. Good luck." I hesitate, but walk towards Louis and deeply kiss him, just for good luck. "Don't let me distract you now," Louis says in a flirty voice. "You'll be on my mind, so don't worry," I say.
I take off in the direction where Aasim was heading. I go to the main entrance, and see raiders talking to Aasim, Violet, and Mitch. I notice AJ hiding behind them. I get closer to the group as I hear the raiders say "You guys have no clue what the fuck you've done." The raiders have big knifes and weapons, looking like they're ready to attack the school.
I take a deep breath in, and prepare myself for what's about to happens next.
All I say to myself is, I will protect Louis, AJ, and the others at all costs.

(Hopefully you enjoyed that chapter! Next one will be a little more adventurous, and will include more Clouis stuff. Also, next chapter won't be out until Friday. Hope you'll be excited to read the next chapter:)