Chapter Four Reflections

After Taylor had said good bye to me at my doorstep, I decided to go to see Sam before going and meeting Diane.

I went over and told him about my day. He sat and listened to everything I had to say. He seemed a little out of it when I was talking to him and the circles under his eyes had started to become darker.

"And there was this guy I met today," I said.

He suddenly straightened up and looked more awake.

Well that got his attention, I thought.

"He creeps me out," I said.

"Does he have black hair?" Sam asked.

"No," I said slowly. "He has blonde hair and is a blue eyed wolf."

"Ahh so you met him," Sam said relaxing. "Jay Vasiliás."

"Yeah I think that's him," I said as I shrugged. "I don't like him. You're going to be coming to school tomorrow right?"

He nodded.

"I gotta go now," I said as I got up. "Bye."

I left and started to walk home.

I really liked Methoni. It was such a nice place with flowers everywhere and it's beautiful beaches.

I smiled thinking of the conversation Taylor and I had on the way home.

"You'll love it here," he had said. "There's tonnes of beautiful things. Beautiful flowers, beautiful beaches, beautiful people." He said with a crooked smirk.

"Oh and by that I assume you mean you?" I asked.

He scoffed. "Who else could I possibly mean,"

"By the way, I was thinking about what Kate said about the council," I said. "She said there was 8 members of the council but she only mentioned seven."

"Oh, yeah," he said. "Well, I'm the eighth member."

I looked at him.

"Don't get me wrong, I just thought the council wasn't your thing," I said.

He smiled,"Why?"

"You seem to highly dislike Jay,"

"You mean I hate him."

"Yes you hate him, so why would you be a part of the council?"

"It's not that I hate Jay, just that if he was on fire I would be the one who would be the caused the blaze. But that's to be expected," he replied. "Sibling rivalry is healthy isn't it?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. Taylor turned to face me.

"You two are brothers?!"

"Yeah," he said. "I feel sorry for him, always having to compete with me. It's his goal to be better than me. It's a good thing he's got a goal, not that it's achievable but still, he's got aspirations, which is good."

We continued our walk.

"My mother is the principal of the school," he said. "She wanted Jay and me to be model students. So I had to join the council to set a good example. But it just wasn't my thing. Jays a natural born leader while I'm a natural born surfer. I prefer things to be laid back rather than everything resting on my shoulders. Although Jay isn't complaining, he likes the attention."

I took that all in. I sort of understood Taylor a lot better now. But there was one person who was still a mystery to me.

"What's Aiden like?" I asked.