CHAPTER FIVE

For the next week, Jordan was always out and about in the city.  Running errands, doing tasks for the group and so forth.  Everywhere he went, he would scan the streets looking for Nicole.  Then one day he was out trying to find somewhere to have lunch before meeting the guys at the studio and he saw her walking into a clothing store.  He pulled over and parked, jumping out of his Lincoln Navigator.

     He walked in the store and was greeted by a worker.

     "Can I help you sir?"

     "No, I'm good." he replies, as he waved them off.

     Nicole heard the bell and looked up at the door.  She saw Jordan and felt her heart speed up.  She smiled to herself, as she looked away and continued to browse.  Jordan walked towards her, but didn't say anything.  He wasn't sure what he wanted to say and just when he found the nerve he heard,

     "Are you gonna speak or look at my ass all day?" Nicole asks as she continued to inspect a pair of jeans.

     He smiled and replied, "I'm not sure yet, but the view is very nice."  What the hell?!  Am I flirting with this girl already? YES YOU ARE!

     "Is it now?" she had on a little black short skirt with a low cut black blouse and a little gray jacket, with her black heels.

Jordan looked her over, noticing everything about her.  Damn, she's fuckin' gorgeous.  "Yes, the whole package is quite breathtaking." his voice kind of low and husky.

     She watched as his eyes roamed her body from her feet up to her face.  His eyes became darker and she was amazed to see that happen.  "Why Mr. Knight, are you flirting with me?" she asked, smiling.

     All at once, Jordan felt his heart skip a beat.  He felt the warmth go thru his body and he spoke.  "If I said yes, would that upset you?"  She looked at him and shook her head no.  "Well, then yes, I am." he smiled back at her.

     "Good." and then she looked back at the clothes.

     "So, where is your man at?"

     "Do you really care?" she asked, as she held up a blouse, inspecting it.

     "No." he replies.

     "Where is your wife?" she asks, hanging the garment back up.

     "You know I'm married?" she nods 'yes'.  "Does it matter?"

     "Nope."  Grabbing a pair of jeans.  "Why should it?  We're not doing anything wrong."

     "Not yet." Jordan responds.  Oh, shit did I just fuckin' say that outloud?

     She looks at him quickly.  All of a sudden she felt very aroused by his words.  Did I just hear him say that to me?  Her mouth went dry and she licked her lips.

     Jordan's eyes fixed on her mouth as she did this.  Damn, I wanna kiss her so bad.  "Let me take you to lunch."

     "Are you asking me or telling me?" she tilts her head to the side, waiting for his answer.

     "Does it matter?" he asks.   "You're gonna come anyway." and when he said the word 'come' he emphasized it a little bit.

     "You're so sure of yourself." she replies, more of a statement than a question.

     "Yeah, see I know what I want and I won't stop till I get it." he responds, winking at her.  She bit her lip between her teeth at his response.  It took her back to a day so long ago, when he had told her the very same thing in school.  The day he had told her that she would be his girl.  "Oh fuck." Jordan says, softly.  "Don't do that."