Reaper x Reader - Beautiful Monster (LEMON)

(So, this is based on a song by Ne-Yo titled "Beautiful Monster". The song switches perspective from first the reader, then to Reaper.)

(Enjoy~!)

All my life...and the hereafter

I've never seen, seen one like you

Never did you expect to end up in this place, in this situation that you were in right now, least of all with the person who landed you in it.

You were home alone in your apartment, minding your own business, when you suddenly started to feel cold...it was the middle of summer, you hadn't turned the AC down any lower, and there weren't any windows open, so you weren't entirely sure as to what brought this on. Besides the sudden temperature change, you couldn't shake the feeling that you weren't really alone right now...almost like someone was watching you, from the shadows...

Dismissing the random feeling of paranoia, you shuffled over to your bedroom from the living room, hugging yourself for temporary warmth. You grabbed your favorite blanket that you always slept with from your bed and wrapped it around yourself like a cloak before walking back to where you were previously, only to find that the lights had somehow turned themselves off.

Okay, now this is weird... You thought to yourself, the feeling of uneasiness intensifying inside of you by the second. You know you paid the electric bill, so there's literally no reason for the lights to suddenly switch off. Your pulse quickened, and your breathing became shorter, shallower. There can't be anyone else in here with me, I made sure to lock the front door...is this place haunted, and I'm just now finding out about it...? You did believe in the idea of ghosts, having heard and seen many stories and movies based on true events relating to them, but never did you think you'd be the victim of one, having chosen what you believed to be a newer and nicer apartment complex to live in. Then again, crime and gun violence were at an all-time high nowadays, so there was no telling...

The thought of crime brought your mind to, ironically, a much more pleasant subject, to the heroes that fought against it and the villains that committed it, from one of your most favorite and beloved video games: Overwatch.

You played it very often in your free time, and while you weren't on the same competitive level as a lot of other people were, what with first person shooter games not being your forte, you still enjoyed it all the same. What really enraptured you about the game was the story; how creative and in-depth it was, all the characters and their backstories, the cinematics, and how everything connected together. Like many Overwatch fans, you had a favorite character, a "main" as some would call it, and that character was Reaper.

Something about him transfixed you from the moment you saw him, and you were captivated ever since. You always chose him, unless there were too many damage characters in play already, in which case you usually went with Lucio or Mercy for support instead. Perhaps it was his cold, aloof demeanor that attracted you, his voice: low, bassy, husky, and intimidating, the strong air of mystery he had to him that his skull-resembling mask helped him obtain, or the fact that he was a total all black-clad edgelord. All of these were plausible reasons, and you often found yourself being obsessed with these types of characters across various different fandoms.

Learning his backstory just made him all the more interesting to you. You knew the Overwatch storyline well, and his, along with a couple other characters, tied things together in the most satisfying way. Indeed, there was nothing quite as gratifying to you than a story being complete and coming full-circle.

     "I wonder if my PS4 will still work...?" You wondered aloud, walking over to your entertainment center and crouching down, placing a finger on the power button. It was dark, so you had to feel for it. Shortly you heard the familiar BEEP of the console being switched on, and heard the hardware start whirring inside. With a satisfied smile, you stood back up, blanket still wrapped around you, and plopped down in the middle of your couch with your Dualshock 4 controller in-hand, almost like it was your own weapon, like most of the characters of Overwatch wielded. The "Character Select" screen popped up before you knew it, and you were lightning-quick to select Reaper, standing in his usual cross-gunned "Heroic" stance as you locked him in.

"Alright, let's see if I can get this ult off without anyone shooting me in the middle of it this time." Why Reaper wasn't made invincible during his ultimate attack, "Death Blossom," was beyond you. It made for very frustrating gameplay and timing. "I guess it ain't easy twirling around with your guns and shooting people in the head all fabulously like that. I'll bet he's actually a great dancer. Maybe he can even dance the tango, or the flaménco...maybe he'd teach me if I asked...pfft...I wish..."

Your fantasy was cut short by a soft chuckle from your left. "Be careful what you wish for...not everyone gets to dance with death and live to tell about it."

You felt your heart stop, and your breath catch in your throat when you heard that deep, gravelly, painfully familiar voice. Swallowing hard, eyes wide, you slowly turned your head towards the source of the sound, only to be met with the black, hollow eyes of a white skull mask staring back at you, the color of it now matching that of your face. You could now feel your heart pounding in your chest like Reinhardt's sledgehammer, your breathing became audible, and you broke out in a nervous sweat. Sitting right next to you, on your couch, in your living room, was none other than the subject of your wishful thinking, your Overwatch main, your fictitious crush: Reaper.