Chapter 31 (Part 2): My fist on your face will look much more prettier

Chapter 31 (Part 2)

Kathleen's POV

“I'm in love with you. Are you happy? The divorce is what you wanted, right? I told myself that from the start it'd be impossible to fall in love with someone I've known since I was a kid, but my heart never listens to me and now, it's saying that it loves you. Love is not a bed of roses. Now, I know what it feels like to have your heart broken by someone who would never love you back,” Nathan explained, as he started walking towards me.

After Nathan's sudden outburst and the sudden confession, the whole class fell into an awkward silence and here Nathan is, still talking, amidst the judgmental eyes of my students. Some of them were giving me dirty looks while most of them just had this confuzzled looks on their faces.

“I promise that I'll never be a drawback to what you want in your life and I most defintely don't expect you to feel the same. Wait, you don't even like me. How would you even love me?” He looked into my eyes and said this.

He just can't say anything and everything he wanted. He is stupid, and yet, I'm in love with this idiot.

“You,” I jabbed my index finger into his chest and said, “you are a jerk who's oblivious to everyone's feelings. You like to walk around feeling like you own and know everything in this world, but no.”

With that, I gave him a slap and said, “This is for being a jerk.”

Another one, “This for being oblivious to my feelings.”

“This for being an idiot.”

“This for being so damn attractive that I can't help it, but fall in love with you. Are YOU happy now?”

I slapped him about four times before tears welled in my eyes. Instead of calling him stupid, why was I so rash and stupid?

“I'm so sorry,” I whispered, as tears blurred my vision, acting as a barrier from seeing his handsome face.

A few of them, took this as an opportunity to leave the class and some of them just left the class after seeing Nathan's sudden outburst. The rest just stayed in the class and are enjoying this tearful and sad exchange between my husband and I.