8장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Jeno was pouting. It's been a week since Do Inhwa had gone to Russia to support Korea's National Team during the World Cup. She was busy, so she couldn't answer his texts immediately. Her answers sometimes came two hours later and after an exchange of two to three sentences, she was gone again.

The teenager was devastated by that. He knew he was only faking his relationship to the professional soccer player, but in their few scheduled dates, Inhwa had grown close to him. He would consider her as a best friend already. But there was more.

At least for him.

Jeno didn't want to agree to his own confused feelings at first, but he knew he liked Inhwa a little bit more than just a friend. Her smile was making his knees go all wobbly and the way her voice sounded when the two of them would have a late night call, was making his heart beat faster.

The Idol growled and hit his face with one of the sofa cushions when Jisung and Jaemin walked into the living room. "Hyung, what's up with you?" Jisung asked, tilting his head. Jeno peeked through under the pillow and sighed. "Nothing. I'm just moping around." Jeno quickly lied. "Moping around on your free day?" Jaemin asked and cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes? You got a problem with that?" Jeno asked, slightly agitated. Jaemin had been kinda rude towards him, ever since Jeno had gone to the Korea-Uruguay game wearing a Do Inhwa shirt. But now Jaemin only threw his arms up and shook his head. "No? I just wanted to ask. I thought you went out with Renjun." - "He and Chenle went somewhere with Lucas." Jeno only said and laid the pillow back on his face.

"Then why are you moping?" Jisung asked. "If you want you can accompany me to the company. I want to practice with Mari-noona once more." The maknae explained but Jeno shook his head. "No, I think I'll stay at home." 

Jisung shook his shoulders and went into his bedroom. Jaemin, on the other hand, was still staring at Jeno. "Somethings up. I can tell it by your voice, Jeno. Tell me." - "You've been rude to me and still want me to share my concerns with you?"

"So there is something up!" Jaemin said and pointed at Jeno who was staring at his friend. "Why would I want to share my feelings with you?" - "Because we're friends, Jeno. And if you don't share your worries with Renjun, you can share them with me." Jaemin walked towards him but stopped midways.

It was true, that the younger boy had been rude to the sunshine boy opposite of him. But Jaemin couldn't really tell Jeno that he had a celebrity crush on the soccer player, right?

"I'm lovesick," Jeno mumbled under the pillow and Jaemin perked up. "Lovesick? How? Who? Why?" The younger lad jumped next to Jeno and forced him to take the pillow off his face. Jeno sighed. He could tell Jaemin about his promance to the soccer player, right? The Hyungs and the Dongsaengs would find out eventually when the first pictures would drop.

"I miss my girlfriend" Jeno let out and eyed Jaemin, who opened his mouth. Jeno waited for the younger to say something, but nothing left his lips so Jeno continued. "She's in Russia right now. She has a lot of fun there but I miss her a lot." 

Jeno looked down and the dorm went quiet. The only sound Jeno could hear was his own heartbeat. He was nervous about how Jaemin would react, but it felt good voicing out his feelings and emotions.

"You have a girlfriend?" Jaemin let out after a while and looked at his best friend. "Yes..." Jeno bit his lip. "We only got together recently and only been to a few dates," Jeno spoke and Jaemin nodded. "Why didn't you tell us that you were seeing someone?" Jaemin asked. "And how the heck did you find the time during all this work? I mean we've been all over the world for SM Town Live and then the preparations for our comeback in August? How did you have the time to get to know someone?"

"It just happened" Jeno lied, yes, with the help of our CEO that thought it would be good to put me in a promotional relationship with an athlete. "Wow, Jeno!" Jaemin smiled. "You surely are growing up!" He nudged his friend's shoulder. "Who's the lucky girl that can call Eyesmile-Jeno hers?"

Jeno looked down and fumbled for his phone. A few days ago he had set the Selca he and Inhwa took on their last date, as his lock screen. He took a deep breath and handed the phone to his friend without a word.

Jaemin cocked an eyebrow and took the phone pressing the home button almost automatically.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw the selca on the screen. It was a couple that had used one of Snows effects to create flower crowns on their heads. The girl had peachy-blonde died hair that was braided into two ponytails and big brown eyes that were almost sparkling. Her chin rested on the shoulder of the boy who sends his most gorgeous eyesmile into the camera.

Jaemin gulped. He knew both of these teenagers well. But finding out that they were an item was sending chills down his spine. He felt sick. 

"How?"

Jaemin's voice was cold as ice and Jeno looked down. MC Ari had told him and Inhwa what they should answer when people would ask how they met. Jeno tried to say it, but he felt like betraying Jaemin, who sounded hurt.

He wanted to tell the truth, really. His hands were sweaty and his head felt dizzy. He really wanted to tell Jaemin, but he couldn't, so the lie walked out of his mouth almost automatically.

"She approached me in a restaurant when I was out with Ari-hyung and my family."