Seven

I helped the girls clean up and went to the pool house to keep my promise of having a bath. I opened a bottle of red wine I found on my fridge, grabbed a glass and went directly to the bathroom. I let the water run on the tub while arranging my toiletries and bath robe around. I got in the tub once it was full and went through the following day's schedule. Seems there was nothing big; golf with a big client, which meant I had to walk behind Patrick all day long keeping score, but other than that nothing seemed to be scheduled. Thank God. I finished my glass of wine and stepped out of the tub, wrapped myself in my purple robe and went into my bedroom. I changed into my flannel pjs and picked up my personal phone. I had left it in my room and I had 3 missed calls from Nick and one text message. He obviously had the day off. I climbed on the double bed that rested in the middle of my room and laid my head on the blue throw pillows while I phoned Nick.  

"How was it, Sugar?" He never said hello, never, ever; he went straight into conversation. 

"Good, weird but good," I said, while rolling around on the mattress, its comfort already relaxing me. 

"How is he?" 

"Patrick Maynard?" I asked and almost felt Nick nodding on the other end. "Him, yes," he said. 

"Well, I was impressed to see he is laid back! When it's business time he puts his business face on but in general he is kinda nice. He jokes around and he asked me to call him Patrick," I said while pouring a second glass of wine, the last one, tomorrow I was working. I was working everyday, who was I kidding? 

"So you are home now?" Nick asked he wanted to hang out. 

"Oh! I forgot to tell you!" I had completely forgotten that Nick didn't know about my living arrangements. "I am living here now" . 

"Here where?" he asked confused. 

"Patrick's house. Well, not IN his house, I stay at the pool house," I shrugged as if he could see me. 

"What?" he asked. "That's crazy! You are going to be one of those assistants that walk behind his boss all day long, making phone calls for him and arranging for a catering service to deliver his dinner at home?" He meant it as a joke but I knew better. 

"I am going to be exactly that. I had to arrange his clothes for an event tonight" and surprisingly I didn't feel bad about it. I was content with my first day. 

"Oh. My. God. Sugar, I can't even picture you obeying orders and running around. That's a sight I'd pay to see." I laughed out loud because he definitely would pay for that and he went on telling me about where he was flying to on Monday. I hung up with him and decided that I was going to take advantage of the chance of going to bed at a decent hour so I slipped in between the sheets and went to sleep in the most comfy bed I'd ever slept on.

I heard in the distance a phone ringing. I put my head under the pillow and the phone kept ringing. I reached out to my night table and felt unfamiliar, threw the pillow out of my face and I realized I was in the pool house, I was so sound asleep I'd forgotten about it entirely. I suddenly realized as well that the phone ringing was my work phone! I took it and saw Patrick's name on the caller ID., I couldn't help but notice that it was 2 in the morning. "Shit," I said as I hit the answer button . 

"Hello," I tried not to sound too sleepy although at 2 in the morning I believed it was to be expected. 

"Lucinda, could you make me a Sandwich, please?" I rolled my eyes at his request.  

"Sure, be there in a second,." I said as I jumped out the bed. 

"Thanks, you are a doll." He said and hung up.