VII. To Win Him Back

This chapter credit soundtrack:

Dean ft. Crush, Jeff Bernat - What 2 Do

*play this at the end, as if this is a kdrama

----------------------------------------

The trip to the ice cream parlor was a bit quiter than she expected.

They were both sitting silently through their way to the place called 'Masimo Gelato' that she recommended to him earlier.

"Take left after the minimarket, it would be right beside the clothing store." She told him.

"Oh, okay," He just nodded and turn the streering wheel to the left.

And there they were, sitting at the corner of the room near the window.

Jungkook was silently scooping his ice-cream to his mouth, while his eyes were glued on his double scoop cup of strawberry and vanilla.

Chaeyoung was staring at him worriedly right now. She had two scoops of hazelnut and strawberry in front of her but she couldn't seem to enjoy it even though it's her favorite ones.

Did he hate this place? Oh, God, she must have brought him to the wrong place, she thought to herself.

Chaeyoung couldn't stand this situation, so she gathered her courage and asked him. "You hate the place, don't you?".

Jungkook who was now staring at the window, turned to her, "Oh, uh..."

"Hmmm?" Chaeyoung kept looking at him worriedly.

"No, no, Chaeyoung, it's a very nice place!" He said, and scoop himself another the strawberry one.

"But, you seemed like you didn't enjoy it, is everything okay? Oh! Are you tired? Oh, My God!! Do you feel sick again?" her voice was full of concern.

Jungkook shook his head, "No, No, I'm not sick again, I'm just..."

"Just...?"

Jungkook sighed, he recalled the phone call that happened right before they leave the graduation ceremony. He was just confused now. Confused of how could Yee Eun easily found her way in to his life again after a almost a year of disappearance.

Congratulations for your degree

She said that as if she had never left him for no acceptable reason. Her voice was so content but he could sense a hint of longing in it.

Damn it, why? Why is Yee Eun came back in this moment? While Jungkook had struggled himself day by day to forget about her and finally try to move on. Such a great timing isn't it?

"Jungkook..." Chaeyoung concerned voice broke his thoughts.

He brought his eyes to meet her gaze. The sincerity of her eyes was clearly shown. She looked worried.

Jungkook felt a remorse came to him, seeing how this girl in front of him showed her worried towards him made him feel bad that he was thinking about Yee Eun the whole time they were together.

"I'm sorry Chaeyoung... " Jungkook said.

"Don't be, people normally need their own space, and you're not an exception." She said.

"Whatever happens in your mind, it's okay to feel that way. I'm sure you'll tell me what it is when you want to." Chaeyoung smiled and scooped the last spoon of her ice cream.

Jungkook was snapped just like that, when Chaeyoung said those words.
She continuously surprised him with her persona. How could she knew that lately he needed his own space after the absence of Yee Eun? Gosh, he felt like he didn't want his moment with her to end soon.