Abby

It had been a well over two months since I had last seen Van and his band. It was the last night I spent with them before I went back to my shitty college. They said they had dropped out to focus on their used but wouldn't they have to finish their education? Van doesn't really make any sense to me. From what I gathered, Van is the charming one, kind of wants all the control and if he doesn't get it, he throws a hissy fit. Larry, he's Van's best mate, the one who lent me shoes and is an all around genuine guy who rolls Van's cigarettes and tunes his guitars or whatever. Benji is the bass player, he's ok to get along with, you can actually have a laugh, but when Billy's present, they're always together. Bob, he's the shy, sensible one, that's what I gathered anyway, he's one hell of a drummer! Then there's Billy. He's the moody one. I know I said Van's moody, but like Van said, if there's no Billy, there's no them, and if there's no them, there's no band. That's kind of unfair though. I wouldn't want a band to work like that, but who am I to judge? They're the ones who helped me cure my hangover and stop me from getting a yelling from my parents, thank god.

My parents didn't really suspect a thing. My dad was already out working when I got back to the house. My mum on the other hand wanted to know everything, every single detail. Obviously, I told her complete bullshit. There was no way that I was mentioning that I got ratfaced and that a bunch of strangers took me and helped me sober up. Nooo way!

"Lisa!" I heard my mum shout me from downstairs, multiple times.

"Yeah!" I called back down, from my room. Like parents do, they either chose to ignore you or are just completely deaf and can't hear a single thing you're saying.

"Lisa!" My mum called again. Instead of her screaming at me even more, I just got from my bed and went to the landing and looked over the railing. "Are you sure that you don't want to come? You're going to have the house to yourself?"

"Yes mum, I know." I smiled. "I'll be fine! You an' Dad go enjoy your romantic get away!" I seriously hoped that she would stop asking me to join them when all they would be doing is sitting in a hot tub making out anyway.

"We'll be back in two weeks! We love you! Love you! Bye sweetie!" My Dad literally had to peel my mum from the door because she really didn't want to leave me. "There's money on the side!" She called one last time before the door closed and I waved them off from my bedroom window.

Thank fuck for that. I sat on my bed, listening to the complete silence in my house. I had no siblings, not that many mates, just the odd people here and there. I mostly kept myself to myself - however that night I got drunk was very spontaneous of me. I have to be in the mood to drink now. My body just repels alcohol, even the smell.

I heard a knock at my door. I lifted myself to look outside my window to see Van? What was he doing here? I haven't seen him in months. I quickly made sure I looked presentable, since I don't think an oversized top and underwear would be reasonable - some black skinnies and a band t-shirt that Van had given me before I left. It was a white t-shirt with all of their faces on, their merch. It was what was laying around my bedroom.

I made my way down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey." He wore a leather jacket and had a haircut?

"Hi?"

"Do you wanna come for a walk?"

"I-uh.." What?

"I'll explain everything."

"Ok." I sighed and grabbed my jacket from the coat hook and slid on my shoes before making my way out of the door, ensuring I had my keys so I could let myself back in. Let's see what his excuse is.