Slaxl II (Angst/Fluff)

This one was fun to write, not that the others weren't of course, but I definitely cringed less this time lol! Hope you enjoy it!

Slash POV

1992

"What on earth were you thinking? That wasn't your business, and you could've been hurt!" Slash exclaimed angrily at Axl the second they reached backstage. He was 95% sure security were still sorting out the aftermath of the fight, and the blossoming bruise on the singer's arm was testament to the chaos he had dived into. 

"That man was about to hit her, they were in the front but not close enough for security to do anything, what was I supposed to do?" Axl snapped back. "Sometimes you gotta quit being so... conscientious all the time!"

"Quit it? How exactly is not worrying about an entire mosh pit punching each other going to help anything? You're too damn confrontational, Rose, and it's not a good thing right now!"

Axl shook his head. "I'm going, but it's not 'cause I'm backing down. I need a shower after that."

Slash groaned, sinking onto a nearby sofa with his head in his hands. God, he knew the man meant well, but jumping into the crowd to hit someone, or multiple someones as it had turned out to involve, in order to prevent a domestic or whatever was never going to end in a handshake and an invite to dinner, was it? He never learns, that's the problem. I just wish he'd listen for once in his life.

He hated how easily the two of them could fight like that, though; from simple disagreement to either snapping angrily or just all-out cursing at each other for every reason under the sun, regardless of the original subject. Even if he hated Axl at times, he loved him really, and he hated not being amicable, especially if the reason behind the discord was something already happened that they couldn't do anything about.

He was broken out of his thoughts as he heard retching sounds coming from the direction of the bathroom. Slash's thoughts were split between, ugh, am I going to have to baby Axl now and genuine concern, knowing the exertion on stage and the extra strain of fighting could make the singer sick. Cursing the timing regarding their current... unfriendliness..., he sighed and approached the door.

"Uh, Axl? You okay in there?"

"What the hell does it sound like?" Feisty idiot.

"I'm coming in, and I don't care what you say so don't bother complaining." Slash announced, opening the door and stepping inside, only to step on the discarded purple jacket and be greeted with the lovely sight of Axl throwing up into the toilet. A rush of guilt swept over him at the sight of the singer's illness, pity overriding the remaining annoyance. 

"Stupid question, but are you okay? You don't have to say anything." Slash said gently. Me being conscientious is working out pretty good for you now, he thought with a slightly guilty internal laugh. 

Axl couldn't answer, even if he wanted to, as another wave of nausea hit. Slash pulled strands of hair delicately away from his sweaty skin, brushing them into one collection before holding them out of the way. Finally, the singer leant back and Slash passed him a towel to wipe his mouth with. "Thank you," he told the guitarist, "and I'm sorry about earlier. I wasn't thinking, and it was stupid, and I know you were just trying to stop anyone being hurt."

"Hey, don't worry," Slash replied, pulling Axl backwards into his arms. "We all do stupid things... just you slightly more than others."

"Hey!" He complained, but didn't refute the point. He turned suddenly, raising an eyebrow in an attempt to be suggestive, which failed, but was attractive all the same, because duh, it was Axl. "Now how about that shower?"