12. Truth {part two}

Chapter Twelve
                                                               Truth
                                                           Part Two 

Skye headed towards the restroom, the warm sun beaming down on her already warm back. The restrooms were crafted on the other side of the building, nestled against a tree filled grass field. She walked through the trees, remembering that the drinking fountain was right up against the wall besides the nook in the cinder-blocked restrooms.

   The day wasn't over, or anywhere near it, and she deliberated on when she would apologize to Rachel and talk to Victor to work things out. She knew that they needed to discuss everything that had happened when he had been over before.

   As she maneuvered her way through the forest-like area, she remembered Johnny's repulsive smile while he was with her the day before. She hated that smile, hated everything about him. She couldn't get over how badly he had crossed the line that time, and she wanted to try to forget it more than so many other things.

   Leaving the forest-like path, she started towards the corner, but someone pulled her by the wrist and tugged her back. She screamed on impulse, and a large hand slapped over her mouth. She squirmed in the grip as the figure twisted her around and shoved her against the wall, one hand on her arm while the other was on still on her mouth.

   After the haze of hitting the hard wall dissipated, her heart stopped beating and her breath caught up in her throat. She froze, pinned between the man and the wall, her heart hammering in her chest painfully.

   "Shh, it's okay, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you, please just be quiet," Bryan told her. His voice was cold and all too painfully familiar to her. He looked different. His usually shaggy brown hair combed up and his bold blue eyes a shade brighter than before. Something had changed about his voice too—it was more like how it sounded when they first met.

   Skye nodded her head slowly, gulping down her fear.

   "That's a good girl," he crooned, smiling.

   She didn't want to be his 'good girl' though. Rejecting the part of her that was afraid of him, she screamed as loud as she could, pushing his surprised body away from her breathlessly. She ran, her breathing catching in her throat; but besides the fact that she had just caused a commotion, he grabbed her arm again, this time a lot rougher.

   She was thrown against him, thrashing in his arms in objection, but he easily overcame her and pressed her against the wall again, silencing her. He pinned her there, pressing his body against hers. "Stop struggling, Skye," he growled. "I just want to talk to you."

   She yanked on his hair with her free hand and he cursed. "Stop!" She shrieked, the sound muffled by his hand.

    "I guess you want to do this the hard way," he muttered. Pulling her away from the wall, he yanked her towards the family restroom, her body thrashing beside him. Hot tears of anger splashed down her cheeks as she felt the tormenting grip of his hands pinching her into the dark memories. She had no desire to have things go back to the way they were before. He yanked the restroom door open and tossed her against the ground. 

   Locking the door, he turned around and sneered at her. "I only wanted to talk, Skye. But now, maybe I need to teach you a lesson first." A grin slithered its way up the corners of his lips, a sick and uncomfortable sight. He looked like an angry mess, and every nerve in Skye's body was throbbing and pulsing with fear.