22| Sirens

"Harry she just keeps getting worse, we have to see a doctor," Stevie tells me after two days on an endless road to nowhere. The roads began to all look exactly the same the further we drove, the nerves never ceasing to throb through my bloodstream.

"I know," I admit trying to think up a way to go in unseen. One mention of our names and the police would be all over us.

Everything becomes jumbled as I try my best to focus on the road. My blood runs but my muscles lock into place, almost as if someone froze every muscle in my body. I look over to Stevie in the passenger seat to notice her talking but nothing is coherent to me.

She knots her brows together in worry but everything presents itself in slow motion. "I can't-" my words are slurred making it hard to come up with something coherent to say.

"Harry!" Stevie screams but I lose my muscle control and fall limp in my seat watching tears stream down Stevie's soft face. Terror colors over her face as she grabs the unattended wheel, regaining control over the car that I had lost. "Harry, can you hear me?"

"I'm fine..." I mumble out but I know it's hard to understand with my speech slurred. I become unaware of my surroundings and feel myself fall numb to anything at all even though I know Stevie is touching my arm after stopping the car.

"I'm sor- rry you... you... you... ended up with... m... me,"

Stevie's POV

"Oh god! Harry!" I cry seeing the side of his face droop downwards as if gravity had gotten to him. It was like he was melting away. His eyes flicker in and out but his gaze remained constant on me as I fumbled around for our burner phone we had picked up.

I breathe heavily and erratically as a wait for the 911 call to go through, there was close to no service but Harry needed help and I needed no get him to a hospital as quickly as possible. My breath was crippled as my vision was blurry from the tears that ran profusely down my face, seeing Harry distorted like this disturbed me, I never wanted to see him like that.

"911 what is your emergency?" The operator answers causing my stomach to drop when I realized what I was putting at risk. I didn't care about any of it, all I cared about was Harry. He was the sole thing that I cared about and I wasn't about to let him slip through my fingertips.

"My boyfriend, I think he's having a stroke! Please, you have to help me, there's something wrong the side of his face is drooping and he can't talk," I spout off trying to get as much information as I could across. "Please, Please, Please help!"

"Miss I am going to need you to stay calm, what is your location?" The operator asks while my blood runs and my heart beats as if it were running a marathon. Everything about the way I was feeling was racing, I could barely catch my own breath.

"I don't know! We are somewhere in the desert... please hurry! Please!" I plead not bringing much help when it came to the direction in which we were in or headed. I knew for certain we were still in Texas but other than that I had no clue as to where we were.

"What road are you on?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" I scream afraid that the time was running out to save Harry. I couldn't imagine losing him like this, coming this far just to have him be taken from me. "OKAY? I DON"T KNOW WHERE I AM!"

At the sound of screaming, I wake up Kyla who is startled and begins to cry from the loud and distressing screaming I was doing. 

"Just keep breathing okay miss? What is your name?" The operator backs off and asks while I push hair away from my face. The heat rising in my cheeks from being frustrated and scared beyond belief.