Chapter 44: Bayley (AU)

This is the musical chapter! This is non canon to the rest of the series. Kind of like the Riverdale musical episode except the only canon parts were the Black Hood and Midge dying. But, the songs are Disney, some of them revamped just for the story, so enjoy!

I wake up and drive to school, my brother close behind. No one is standing outside. They're all inside, this school isn't very big. I walk inside and everyone is doing the same old thing they do every day.

I sing (Italics means she is singing, to be sung to the tune of "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast):

Little school,
It's a quiet hallway.
Everyday,
Like the one before.
Little school,
Filled with little people.
Walking in to learn...

"Hey Bay!" I hear. "Hello!" I say. "How are you?" I hear someone ask someone else. "That's good!"

There goes the teacher with her plans,
Like always.
The same lessons to teach all day.
Every morning just the same,
Since the morning that I came.
To this really giant school...

"Good morning Bay!" I hear Mr. McMahon, the principal, say.

"Good morning, Mr. McMahon!" I say cheerfully.

"Where you off to?"

"The office," I say. "I want to start a club where free hugs are given!"

"Sounds boring," he says. "Stephanie! The announcements?"

I shrug and walk off. I hear Alexa talk, actually sing, about me.

There's no denying that she's odd,
That Bayley.
Giving hugs, oh how obscured!
She isn't very loud
Cause her head's up in some cloud.
She's a very weird gal,
That Bayley girl.

I shake it off and see someone walk down the halls. It's Finn! I have a crush on him, I'm not in love, I just like him. Last time I had a boyfriend, I loved him a lot, but he broke my heart, so I usually don't love people unless they are family.

Oh!
Isn't he so handsome!
Finn Bálor is cute, I like him, yes.
He's coming here! Oh, help me.
I guess I really have to look my very best!

Finn smiles at me. "Hey Bayley. What's up?" I smile. "Nothing, really. I like your shirt!" "Oh, thanks!" he says. I really like your shirt? Oh come on Bayley, try harder!

I hear the rest of the school sing:

Now there she goes,
Bayley is strange, but special.
Smiling and hugging kids all day.
Now she's pretty but she's strange,
You can't really tell her age,
She's nothing like the rest of us,
Yes nothing like the rest of us.
She's nothing like the rest of us...
Bayley!

I turn around and they go back to their business. I laugh and walk to my homeroom, where school starts.

During lunch, I sit by Sasha and I see Finn going to sit by Alexa and Charlotte and Carmella. I'm jealous, a lot. Sasha breaks my gaze.

"You okay?" she asks. She sees Finn and frowns. "You don't deserve him anyways. You'll be fine."

I groan. "I really like him Sash. But he's talking to other girls! Ugh, why haven't I told him sooner?"