chapter eleven

"You're actually vampires? Like for real, you drink blood and run really fast and everything?" Casey asked. They all nodded, except Rosalie who just sat with an angry expression on her face. "That's awesome!" She yelled excitedly. "I know it's hard to belie- wait what? You actually believe us? With no further explanation?" Isaac said. She just shrugged.

"I don't understand why we're telling her this! This puts everyone in danger, including her," Rose said. "I'm not going to tell anyone," she promised immediately. "I know that," she sighed, "but if the Volturi find out about this, we're all in trouble." "Then they won't find out," Jasper said. "What's the Volturi?" Casey questioned curiously. "They're basically the "gods" of the vampire world. They're in charge of everything," Emmett said. She nodded, "You're taking this very well. Are you okay Casey?" Esme asked. The girl nodded eagerly, "I'm great! This is kinda awesome," she confessed.

"You're not afraid of us? Of me?" Jasper asked. "No," she said confused,  "should I be?"

"I think we should give Jasper and Casey some time to talk. I'm sure Jasper has some things he would like to tell her," Alice said. A second later the room was empty except for Casey and Jasper. She turned to face him, sitting criss-cross applesauce on the loveseat.

"Is this about to get weird, or emotional?" She asked him. He chuckled and grabbed her hands, holding them between his. "Casey, vampires have mates. Mates are people who were made to be together, for example Alice and Isaac. They were made for eachother, as were Esme and Carlisle and Rosalie and Emmett. Alice told me years ago, back in the 80's, about you. She saw you coming to Forks, meeting our family. The reason she saw you though, is because you are my mate," he finished.

"I'm your mate? Really? Are you sure it's not someone cooler? Like someone who can play the trombone or something?" She asked skeptically. He raised an eyebrow, "Yes Casey, I'm sure." "Well, dang. That's pretty awesome." She grinned. He chuckled, "Only you would have that reaction to all of this." She blushed and put her head down in embarrassment. He lifted her head back up with a finger and looked into her eyes. "Casey, would it be okay if I kissed you?" He asked quietly. She slowly nodded her head, nervousness bubbling in her stomach.

Jasper started leaning in slowly, watching to see if she had changed her mind. Casey started leaning in too and they met in the middle. Their lips moved in sync perfectly. They with so much passion and care that it made Casey swoon. He was so gentle and careful, 'as if I were made of glass' she thought. Eventually, she had to pull away for air and Jasper leaned his forehead against hers. "So, does this mean we're dating then?" She asked. He smiled, "I would like that, if that's okay with you," he said. Casey nodded, a big smile on my face.

"So what did you mean when you said Alice saw me in the 80's?" She asked. "Some vampires have special abilities, gifts. Alice can see the future, our brother Edward can read minds, Isaac can manipulate the mind, and I can feel and manipulate emotions," he explained. "Edward can read minds?" She asked, eyes wide as moons. Jasper nodded, an amused look on his face. "Why do you sound so worried?"

"Uh, no reason," she mumbled, looking down at her lap. "Sure," he said, his amused smile widening. "I know you two are a couple now and all and you probably want to spend time with each other, but Casey and I still aren't done playing dress up," Alice said bouncing in to the room. Casey giggled and Jasper smiled. "Go on, have fun." Casey leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." She jumped up off of the loveseat and followed Alice upstairs back to her bedroom.

The two of them weren't even in her room for ten minutes when Alice started asking questions. "So you and Jasper are a thing now?" She asked. Casey nodded as she picked up a yellow shirt and looked at it. "You can have that one if you want. I'm not really a fan of yellow." "Thanks," Casey grinned. She tossed the shirt over by her bag that was on the floor by Alice's bed. "So how old are you, actually?" Casey asked. "Somewhere around 100, I think. I stopped counting after a while," she shrugged. "What about Jasper?" Casey asked. "Why don't you just ask him? He's not going to bite," she winked.

"So, not to be stereotypical or anything....but do vampires actually sleep in coffins?" Casey smiled. Alice laughed, "No, vampires don't sleep at all actually." "So then why do you have a bed?" Casey asked confused. She shrugged, "For comfort, and other things," she said the last part a little quieter. "Okay, eww. And you expect me to sleep on that?" "Oh don't worry, I just changed the sheets last night," she said rolling her eyes.

Casey heard her phone ringing somewhere and she and Alice dug through the piles of clothes to find it. Once they finally did, Casey looked at the unfamiliar number on the screen. "Who is it?" Alice asked. "I don't know." She clicked the answer button and put the phone up to her ear. "Hello?"

"Heyyy, Casey. It's Luke."

"Oh, uh hey Luke. How did you get my number?" She asked awkwardly.

"Oh, Jessica gave it to me. I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, uh no. It's fine, I guess. Did you need something?" She asked. Casey turned around when she heard something behind her. Jasper and Isaac were standing in the doorway. Jasper had his eyebrows furrowed and a scowl on his lips.

"Yes actually, I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me tomorrow night?" He asked.

"Oh, uh-" Casey was cut off as the phone was taken from her hand by Jasper. "I'm going to have to decline, on behalf of Casey. She has a boyfriend, and will not be going out with you at any time. Have a nice night," he said sarcastically and hung up.

Casey's jaw dropped and Jasper handed her the phone back. "You didn't have to do that," she told him, "but I do appreciate it." "I could feel that the conversation was making you uncomfortable. It's my job to make sure you never feel that way." He said seriously.

"Thank you," she said looking up at him. He gave her a small smile and kissed the top of her head. "Of course darlin'." He pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "It's late, you should get to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." He pecked her lips and then he was gone. "Come on Casey, Jasper was right. You should get some sleep," Alice said. Casey nodded and quickly changed into her pajamas before getting into the bed, falling asleep almost instantly.