Fine Wine

It was New Years eve in England, and all throughout the country, people were celebrating. Everybody was going to party's, hanging out with their friends, and most of all, drinking. While the majority of people had fun and went crazy over the new year, a small handful of people just didn't understand what the big fuss was about.

Among that small handful, there was Ciel Phantomhive. He just couldn't quite get why people would celebrate such a petty event. The earth has been around one more year, woo-hoo. He knew that people celebrated it because they might have thought that it could have been the last time the year would change, but honestly, what's the chance that it won't be around next year? And the year after that, and the year after that? It just didn't make sense to him.

Yet here he was, sitting in the living room of his best friends house, waiting for his blonde buddy to return from the restroom so the night could continue on. Because Alois' adoptive father, Claude, was out for the night with a certain missus (Sebastian), he and the bluenette had the house to themselves. The plan was they would rent horror movies (and the occasional animation) and eat unhealthy candy and snack food all night long.

The blonde returned from the bathroom, and plopped down on the couch next to were his friend was sitting.

"So, what are we watching first?" Ciel asked his friend, while handing him the television remote.

"Hmm...what's a good scary movie?" Alois wondered aloud. The two teens sat in silence for a moment, both trying to think up a good movie to kick off the night.

"What about the grudge?" Suggested the blue-haired boy.

"Seen it,"

"Jeepers creepers?"

"Boring,"

"The messengers?"

"I thought we were trying to think of a scary film."

"Well why don't you think of one!" Exclaimed the exasperated Ciel.

"I don't know, but what I do know, is that we need to have popcorn before anything. Come on!"

With that said, the blonde headed lad trotted off to the kitchen, the bluenette following tow. The eldest kneeled down and started searching a low cupboard.

"Now, where did Claude hide the popcorn?" Alois muttered to himself aloud, thought it didn't go unnoticed by his friend.

"Wait, what? Why did Claude hide the popcorn?" Inquired the bluenette.

"Oh, uh, hehe," Alois scratched the back of his neck bashfully, "Well, one time, I got mad at Elizabeth for calling me immature, so I stayed after school one day, and kinda filled her locker and books with popcorn..."

Ciel raised an eyebrow at this, pinched the bridge of his nose, and shook his head, a faint smirk appearing on his lips. Why did this not surprise him?

"And that was supposed to prove your mature?"

That earned him a flick in the forehead.

"Whatever, he was never good at hiding things anyway-hey, what's this?"

Alois pulled a tall, red bottle out of the cupboard, and started to read the label on it; or rather, attempted to.

"This thing is so old I can barely read half the label!" He shouted at no one in particular.

"Give it to me," the Phantomhive boy held out his hand expectedly, and waited for Alois to place the bottle in his palm. When the Trancy lad handed him the bottle, he scanned over the label with his eye. "From what I can see, I think this wine is from 2007, so in about five hours it will be eight years old,"