Prolouge

❤️It's good to be back guys❤️

6 Years ago

"Daddy,I made it!" She yelled to her father

"Okay, go ahead to the front desk, I'll be out there after I finish working on this ignition." He said from under the car

Taraji always came to her dad's auto shop after school to help out. She answered phones, scheduled appointments everything he needed her to do.

It was her after school gig, he needed the help.

The sixteen year old had nothing better to do after school anyway.

She went to her usual spot at the front desk.

Her pesky little brother was in his usual spot, anywhere he could mess with her. This time he hid under the desk to scare her.

Taraji was setting up her work station, the appointment book, her pens,radio and water bottle. She was ready to go.

She swiveled in the chair to face the front of the store, something brushed up against her leg.

"Isaiah, if that's you, you're about to catch a face full of foot. Move!" She told the 9 year old

"You wouldn't dare!" He said getting up and facing her

"Try me." She spoke to the little pest

He hit her and ran into the main work floor where their dad was.

"Ugghh, you little..*ding dong*" she heard the door sensor letting her know some had walked in.

In walked her crush, he worked with her dad after school. He was interested in the mechanic business. He had a love for cars. Her father took him under his wing, to keep him off the streets.

"Hi, Taraji. Is your dad in the back or on a run?" He asked

"Yeah, he's working on a car in the garage. I'll put your bag under my desk." She said

He handed his backpack to Taraji. He kinda had a crush on her. She was sweet, they ran track together.
Plus they were both little math geeks, him especially.
They were in a gifted program the school offered for the really smart kids in the school, they basically had the same class schedule except for Taraji had Mandarin 3 while he had Spanish 3.  
"Bye."

"Bye." She said

He started to walk away but decided this was his chance.

"Hey, Uh Taraji you wanna grab a bite after we get off? My treat?" He asked

"Um, If my da-"

*ding dong
The door sensor interrupted her, "I'll come back to talk to you." He said

He let her help the customer.

She gathered herself and turned around to help the customer. She turned around fixing her hair and clothes.

She was met with a tall,chocolate, freshly shaved with a fresh haircut. He was a dream.