Chapter Thirty-Two

{UnEdited}

It's been three weeks since everyone returned from the Chunin exams. Three weeks since Neji and Miwa's kiss and unofficially started dating, obviously not everyone was happy with the sudden change in relationship.

They were both always seen with each other, holding hands and Miwa always had a bright face. Their close friends were happy for them because of how happy they looked. Not too mention Neji now didn't need to worry about other guys around Miwa much, and the same goes for Miwa.

Today was a Saturday and both Miwa and Neji didn't have any missions today. Miwa had stayed over at the Hyuga compound last night, so in thanks to Neji she was making him some soup. Much to Neji's displeasure knowing how much of a terrible cook she was.

"Miwa..." Neji says as he looked sickly green as he stared down at the soup in front of him, Miwa looks at him and smiles happily.

"Yes Neji-chan?" She asks battering her eyelashes.

"What is this?" Miwa laughs at her Neji half heartedly.

"My homemade soup!"

"Miwa it's just a large rock with grass, mud and fish eyes" Miwa just blinks at him.

"Yeah..." Neji sighs loudly and digs through his brain to come up with a nice excuse to save him from eating Miwa's 'cooking'.

As if hearing Neji's call for help, Hiashi Hyuga - the leader of the Hyuga Clan - popped his head through the kitchen door.

Now this is one complicated funny story of sunshine and flying shuriken as Miwa would say, but it's really just a simple story of girl meets grumpy uncle.

Queue the flashback sounds.

It was a warm sunny day for the citizens of the Leaf, everyone was doing their usual Leaf Village behaviour. In the Hyuga compound Miwa, Neji and Hinata were supposed to be training in the Hyuga training ground, However Miwa got bored and decided that it was okay to play a pleasant game of British Bulldogs.

Hiashi was taking his usual afternoon walk around the Hyuga complex, greeting his fellow Hyuga as he passed or praised them on their recent missions and training. He was nearing the training grounds when he heard the laughter and screams of joy, Hiashi frowns at the sounds. He quickened his pace towards the training grounds.

He opens the gate to the training grounds and as it opened Hiashi watched as his shy daughter brutally shoved the Uchiha girl - who Neji was infatuated with - to the ground, face planting as she hits the ground. Hiashi continued watching amazed as the girl laughed like a pig, then watched as his stuck up nephew shoved Hinata down next to the Uchiha.

Hinata and Miwa both laughed loudly and pulled Neji down in between them, Hiashi watched on confused as he replays the strange behaviour of his daughter and nephew. He remained standing there by the gate with his eyebrows furrowed, he was in such a deep thought that he didn't hear the laughing stop.

"F-father!" Hiashi broke out of his train of thought and saw the three of them stumbling onto their feet, Neji helping Miwa and dusts her down.

"Hiashi-sama" Neji says bowing slightly along with Hinata who was already bowing.

"Ay! Neji-chan's uncle!" Hiashi blinks at the unmannerly way the Uchiha greets him, Miwa blink at him in response. Neji tried to stop Miwa as she made her way towards the Hyuga Leader with a goofy grin on her face.

And this is why Neji doesn't invite us to the formal Hyuga parties.

Shush now.