What the --

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if suddenly you were torn between loving the guy you have liked for 7 years and a guy you just met? That is my problem right now, I love the popular guy Eren smith but I also love James lake the sweet new kid. That's all I have been thinking about since I went home, who do I love more? What is happening? "ugh, I need to eat something," I said to myself and got up from my twin bed, I placed my feet on the cold wood floor. "Dad?" I yelled out to see if he was home. "Are you home?" I yelled again to still get no reply, I shrugged and walked to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of pizza from the fridge, put it on a plate and heated it up in the microwave for 60 seconds. 'bing!' came from my phone on the counter charging. "who texted me?" I wonder and looked at the message to see "Hey its James from school!" I stared at the phone in disbelief. 'How did he get my number?' I thought and texted back, "Hey James! how did you get my number?" I typed out and sent it.  I went back to my pizza and took the plate up to my room and sat down on my bed. 'Bing!' came again and I looked at the message "You gave it to me!" was the message. What? I thought to myself, I never gave him my number. "I never gave you my number" I typed out and sent then I typed "Who gave it to you?" I ask him then place my phone down and go to open my window to let some fresh air in. "Hey!" I heard from below my window.

I looked down only to notice James standing on my front lawn, he eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight and his skin seemed paler than normal. "James? How did you find my house?" I yelled down asking him the question, my brown hair moved slightly with the wind that passed by, my glasses slipped down my face a little as I leaned forward to look down at him. " Emma gave me the address!" he yelled as I sighed and held up my hand to signal 'one second'. I grabbed a jacket and walked down the steps and to the front door, passing my living room where my cat Roxy was playing with my other cat link. I open the front door " James just come in it's too cold outside" I told him from the doorway, it was really cold tonight and I had no clue why.  "Oh, thank you, Miss Leia," he said to me as I smiled softly, I went to take his jacket when his very cold and pale hand grabbed my arm. "James! your hand! why is it so cold?" I asked him while going to check his temperature, he was ice cold. "why are you so cold?" I asked softly as he chuckled " I'm always cold its normal, I have been cold since 1942-" he stopped talking as I stared up at him, "What?" I asked confused, I looked him straight in the eyes. 

"What do you mean?" I asked again as he sighed. "I'm not human, I'm not a vampire or werewolf either." James stated while looking down at the ground. "then what are you?  A ghost?" I asked as he let out a soft chuckle, "I'm not a ghost, I'm what you would call a mage" he stated while grabbing my left hand. "A mage? like those things from the show Fairy tail?" I asked referring to the show I watched when I was in 8th grade. "Kinda but I can't do magic, my purpose in life is to watch over my mate and her descendants" he explained to me while tearing up slightly. "you see your grandmother was my mate, but she married your grandfather. So I was forced to become cold to keep my body alive and to be able to meet my future mate." he explained again. "So I'm your mate?" I asked him confused and slightly flustered. "Yes you are, my job from now on is to protect you and to help you aid to the descendants of your line." James was rambling off now and the more he talked the more confused I got. "So basically, I'm your mate and I'm supposed to stay with you?" I asked him "I'm 15 for god sake!" I yelled loudly and threw my hands up in the air, my light blue tank top I was wearing lifted up slightly to reveal my pale stomach. "I know that Miss Leia but please calm down. Its no rush!" he told me and tried to give me a hug. "Don't touch me!" I yelled and looked at him. 

"why didn't my grandmother marry you?" I asked him, he put his arms down to his sides and looked me straight in the eye. " she didn't marry me because she fell in love with someone new. If my mate falls in love I can't come between it or I will be killed" he explained it to me and now it makes sense, my grandmother hates my grandfather now and she wished she stayed with her high school sweetheart. "but what if your mate loved 2 people?" I asked him. "Then if I was one of them then I could interfere." James looked sad now, he must of really have loved my grandmother more than anything.  "My grandmother loves you, James," I told him with a soft smile if only I met him before she became so sad. "James, are you free Saturday? I need to show you something." I asked him softly. "Yes, I am why?" he asked me while look at me strangely. "I'm going to visit my grandmother, she would be happy to see you. She talks to me all the time about you and how she wished she stayed with you." I told him while trying to reach out to give him a hug. I wrapped my arms around his slightly buff frame and sighed. "I'm sorry." I said to him, he hugged me back and smiled softly. "you're just like her. So comforting but so innocent" he whispered, his voice was soft and it seemed to hold some hidden emotion in it. "What do you mean?" I asked him, my voice was a whisper to match his. "You have no clue what the world has planned for you, but I do," he said and went to kiss me when my cat Link walked over to us and hissed loudly. I took a step away from James and blushed after realizing how close we were. "I-I'm sorry" I stuttered out and looked away from him, darting my eyes around the room trying to avoid him.