15

"(Y/n)-Chan?" Tooru repeated your name as he stared at you with confusion in his tone of why you stopped talking all the sudden.

"S-sorry Oikawa-San let's clean up"
"Okay"

As both of you finished cleaning up after the team, you took your things at started to walk home together.

"So (L/n)-Chan, does that mean I won't able to walk you home anymore? Or talk to you at all...?"
"Yeah..I guess"
"Can we text at least?" Oikawa said as he slightly pouted.
"Sure Oikawa-San"

The part of me, that was telling me to distance myself from him...

Now faded away..

Regretting every word that you said before this...

But with the days starting to pass, everything went back to normal.

But would could you call normal now?

Wasn't normal called coming home with Oikawa most of the time?
Or come to school with him?

You could now crave his voice...
Or even a little glance..

Right (Y/n)?

You don't want this distance between both of you anymore?

Isn't that what you were asking for?

Questioning yourself of why you can't distance yourself from him..

Thinking that it might be better for both of you not to socialize..

So why is it bothering you so much now
(Y/n)? I gave you what you wanted.....

RIGHT?

There were few changes like how every time you woke up, you checked your phone for messages from Tooru, or how you would always glance at him at the practice.
It was even, kinda lonely without Oikawa anymore.

Does that feeling inside your stomach and throat remind you of anything (Y/n)-Chan?

No more pouting faces, or arguing..
no more whining or flirtatious voice behind you while you were walking.

Does it remind you of the feeling of falling in love with someone?

But somethings didn't change. Those "somethings" were Oikawa's fangirls and most people in our school. The most bullying didn't stop. I would still get dirty glances from girls, and some guys whistled at me while I would be walking down in the hallway.

Feeling of jealousy perhaps?

Some guys would try to pin you to a wall, to talk to you, and bring you down saying of how "slutty" you are.

Of course, sense the boy's volleyball team is huge, they would be practically always there to help you, most of the time the guys would stop the males from bringing you down, or make them unpin you from the wall. However that wouldn't work sometimes and it would be resolved by having a fist fight in the hallway. Which then got them a detention for the day.

The team never really bothered about asking if the posts from Instagram were true, sense the account wasn't as active as before but still posted pictures and rumors about you once or twice a week.

You didn't talk with Oikawa like usual anymore, just like most of your junior high years. You would just exchange a few words in the hallway, but had full on 3 hour conversations on the phone.
You went back to your old friends, Olivia, Iwaizumi, and Kindaichi, who were now worried about you more than your own parents.

On the other hand, Oikawa's life went truly back to normal. Screaming fangirls, confessions almost everyday that would be rejected once again, and volleyball. Oikawa was easy to adapting not to talk to you on the school grounds or anywhere in that case.

Or at least it seemed like his life went truly back to normal.

In reality he would always pout to himself when he saw you laugh with Iwaizumi or Kindaichi-San, or how you would get close to other volleyball teammates on his team.
He would glance at you in the hallways to check if you were picked on, or if you were about to get into a fight yourself.

This quite, but harsh life continued on, until it was already half of the school year gone.

Oikawa and I now stopped talking at all.

We gave each other a few glances time to time while practicing, but nothing more.

Also today, was the month that I should get my scores back from the soulmate quiz that I took couple months ago.

Strangely, my tattoo has been acting up lately. It would always sting, or scratch when ever I'm practicing volleyball with my "not so new anymore" teammates, also I would see more warmer colors on practice, like warm orange, or pastel yellow. Even pastel blue time to time.

It actually surprised me at first, the first time it happened I tripped over a volleyball.

I remember how I looked over to Kindaichi's, Oikawa's, and Takahiro's way one time, and saw this warm orange color surround them. Which made me zone out and trip over a volleyball, which then caused me to have a nosebleed, which then had to be treated by the nurse.

This little accident started to appear now more than enough times for my teammates to know that if they heard something crashing on the floor, it would be...
Me.

This, now brings us here, to the nurse's office, where I now sit with Oikawa. Waiting for the nurse, hopefully praying that the nurse still didn't leave school.

As you and Oikawa now sat in silence, Oikawa couldn't help but try making small talk with you.

"How did you learn how to set like that?"
"Hm? What do you mean Oikawa-San?"

"Your set skills remind me of Kagyama's sets, and when you spike the ball it remind me of Iwa-Chan's spiking skills. Heck even your blocking skills remind me of that normal dude that we played against at Karasuno"

"Aw are you complimenting me Oikawa-San?"
"No."
"Oh..okay"

It always felt like the first couple of minutes he was okay with you, that maybe..

He thought of starting to warm up to you...

but when you just grasp him...
He slips away...
Like the cold rainy water that you try to collect with your hands...

Slowly fades...

When will you understand (Y/n)?

YOU CANT DROWN YOUR DEMONS

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM..

OR CAN YOU?

=============

Guys I'm very sorry for not posting as much,

Also sorry if I rushed it T^T
I felt like I had to post a chapter sense school start

- Liz ✨💜🛸

Leave a comment if u want to ;P