Yay, A Drabble Thing

(This further explains the headcanon mentioned in the previous chapter.)

(This is also in my Pokemon Shipping Drabbles book.)

"Gary, what's been up with you lately?"

Gary sat dejectedly, glancing down at his clenched fists.

"..."

"Gary..", Serena whispered, sitting next to the brown haired boy, laying her head on his shoulder.

"You've been like this ever since that boy started flirting with me. I don't understand. You never used to act like this before."

"Serena?"

She glanced up, noticing that he turned his head to face her direction.

"Y..You're not gonna leave me, right?" From this close, Serena could tell that he was tearing up.

She was shocked. Why would he ask such a thing?!

"Gary, I'm never gonna leave you!", she exclaimed, standing up.

Serena's emotions started to mix: Sadness, Anger, Confusion.. "Why would you ever question that, Gary? I love you!"

Gary sighed, wiping his eyes. "It's just that... I get this way sometimes.."

Serena cocked an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She slowly sat back down.

"You know my grandpa, Professor Oak, right?", he asked. She nodded. How could she ever forget Professor Oak when his summer camp is how she met both Ash and Gary in the first place?

"Well.. he doesn't pay really ANY attention to me anymore. He's more in Ash's life than mine. My grandma makes up for it, but it still.. hurts... like hell.", Gary paused, slightly shaking.

Serena calmly placed his head on her shoulder and started comforting him. "It's okay..", she cooed.

Gary sniffed lightly, before continuing. "Sometimes, quite honestly, I don't think I deserve you.. You're amazing, kind, gorgeous, loving.. you're the best person anyone could ask for.. and you fell for me. Me, of all people. I don't understand... I think you deserve better than me, yet, I seriously don't wanna lose you, at all."

"Gary.. listen."

He lifted his head off her shoulder. She was staring him right in his emerald eyes.

"Losing you is the last thing I want. I won't ever leave you... and don't talk so bad about yourself. This is honestly the best relationship I've ever had, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love you, Gary Oak."

Hearing that from Serena made Gary smile. The two share a loving kiss.

"I love you too, Sere."

"Also, if you want to, we can talk to Professor Oak about this, together.", Serena said.

"Are you sure?" Serena grabbed both of his hands. "Of course! I don't want you feeling like this anymore. Seeing you like this.. it hurts me.", Serena said with a sad smile.

"Well, can we tell him tomorrow? I'm sleepy.", Gary said, getting up to grab his pajamas.

Serena giggled. "Yeah."

The two took their showers, got into their pajamas and cuddled.

"Goodnight Sere.", Gary kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, Gary.", She said softly, before the two fell asleep.