I'm Giving Up

Omniscient - 6 PM

The dark-skinned woman grabs her purse as she steps out of her matte black Range Rover. She then makes her way into the busy restaurant where she goes up to the hostess and smiles politely.

"Reservation under Ali Knowles." She says.

The hostess smiles and grabs two menus. "Of course. Right this way, Mrs. Knowles."

The dark-skinned woman follows the hostess to a small table in a secluded area of the restaurant that seats only two people.

She smiles. "Thank you."

The hostess smiles back and sets the table with silverware, glasses, and the menus. "My pleasure. Can I get you started on a drink while you wait?" She asks.

Ali nods and asks for a simple glass of ice water. The hostess leaves, leaving Ali in her thoughts as she waits for the woman she's having dinner with.

About five minutes go by before she sees the familiar face come into view.

She chuckles. "Unique, nice to see you again."

Unique sits down facing Ali and they both smile. A fake smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"Cut the bullshit, Ali. You know I don't like you or that trifling ass wife of yours. What's the plan you wanted to talk about?" Unique says with a slight eye roll, causing Ali to scoff.

"Nicki. We both want her gone, correct?" Ali asks.

Unique nods as she looks through the menu. "Having her gone would ultimately end the case, that is if her family do not drop the charges once she is gone. Anyway, you want her gone so your brother can be free and I want her gone so she can get away from my wife." Ali states as she looks at Unique cautiously.

Unique chuckles. "Mhm. How are we going to achieve that?" She asks.

Both women notice the waitress coming their way so they halt all conversation. They thank the waitress once she sets two glasses of water down in front of them and is then on her way back.

"I got a good way to start out, something that will shake her up. Don't worry about it, I got it. As for how we'll actually accomplish that... you're gonna have to give me a minute. I have an idea, though." Ali replies with a wink that causes Unique to laugh and shake her head.

The two women enjoy their dinner, not talking about anything else that doesn't have to do with Nicki and how to get rid of her.

Once they finish their meal, they head their separate ways. Ali, finding herself in front of Nicki's apartment with a note in hand that reads:

"You better watch your back, Onika."

She slides the simple note under Nicki's front door and then starts making her way back to her Range Rover.

-

Nicki's POV - 8:35PM

I snuggle my head into Bey's chest as she wraps her arm around me. We're laying on the couch in her office and I don't want to leave.