Chapter Two: Crazy as Misty

It was the next night, at about midnight, and Misty and I were eating those frozen waffles that you pop in the toaster. We hadn't eaten all day and we had been hanging out in my room, listening to music and talking when we decided to make waffles. But then Misty took things to an entirely different level.

         She held the waffle box above her head and began wailing. "TOBY! I'VE SOME WAFFLES FOR YOU!" I was laughing at first until I realised…she was serious. "Toby?" I questioned, tucking my hair behind my ears. "Yeah..He's a Creepypasta." She replied, turning away from me to face the toaster. Okay…then..

"Give me my waffle." I said, holding my hand out as I heard the waffles pop up. She handed me mine and we went back into my room, nibbling on our pastries, listening to the song that was playing. It was nice like that. Stretching out on my bed once i finished my waffle, nearly smacking her in the face, I began singing along with the song. "I wish that I could be like the cool kids," I sang, my voice slightly off-pitched. I didn't care. "Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in."

         "I wish Jeff was here.." Misty murmured suddenly and instead of making fun of her, I considered things from her point of view. She definitely hasn't had things as bad as I have but she's definitely been more depressed than I have…for a long time, she had no friends. I could see myself using a character to fill the void of a friend, too. Maybe we weren't so different…it's just…she's so crazy with it..like, offering one of them waffles? One - He wasn't going to swing in on a vine and snatch the box from her and Two - Those were our waffles and he sure as hell isn't getting them.

But yeah… I think I understood to some degree.

             "Me too." I murmured with a slight sigh. Me too.

         -  -  -

"It's two in the morning, what are you two doing over here?!" Our grandmother (who lives next door to us) snapped from the kitchen as she saw us enter the back door. Our grandmother is crazy: she's literally so cool, she let's us do practically whatever we want, and she talks like we do (i.e perverted). She's like one of our teenage friends. No joke. Explains why she's still up at two a.m.

         "We're going to visit Eric." I explained, joining her in the kitchen, Misty following close behind. Eric was our grandmother's pet mouse. He's so cute and soft and aw. "It's two in the morning…Eric's asleep, like you two should be." She muttered, stirring her hot chocolate. "Sorry, jeez." Misty muttered as we headed to G's room. I grabbed Eric from his cage, giggling as he climbed up and down my arms. "Oh no, Snowball!" Misty cheered as the plain white, old, grumpy cat slunk in. He never hurt Eric, but he was a grouch.

    -  -  -

We played with the animals for another thirty minutes, leaving when G went to bed. Heading outside, the sky was a light shade of dark blue, if that makes sense. Walking back to our house, a noise in the woods that only i seemed to hear caught my attention. Snapping my eyes to the treeline, I saw something that made my blood run cold, something that wasn't a something at all. He was a person. If you could consider him that.

       A person with pale skin, bright blue eyes, and a disturbing smile carved into his face. And then he was gone, but his face remained burned in my mind. He was awful creepy..but also familiar. How do I know that freak?

When we got home, Misty told me she did something new with her posters she wanted me to see. So we went into her room and I saw all of her pictures arranged so they spelled out "Jeff". That's when I realized…the face in these pictures…was the face out in the woods. Jeff was real. And hanging around my house. Great..I'm crazy as Misty.