He likes You?

"Y-you like me, too?"
You gave him a stunned expression.
He sighed again, then nodded in embarrassment.
The both of you stayed that way for a while.
You had to get a grip of yourself quickly, because he was still holding his hand out for you to take.
You slowly placed your hand in his, and felt his fingers close around it. His hands were much bigger than yours, you realized.
The moment was sweet, and you were embarrassed to see little forget-me-nots and blue violets blooming around your feet.
Lars followed your gaze, and made a grunt at the scene.
"Wow, are you doing that on purpose?"
"No, I can't stop it right now," you grinned sheepishly. He smiled at you, fondness growing in his gaze.
"So... what do gems do to show love?" Lars asked.
You blushed.
"/Love/?"
He raised his eyebrows.
"I-I mean, unless you aren't ready for it... Love, I mean. Uh," he looked away and you felt the hand he held yours in grow hot.
"I am ready for it, I just didn't know you were," You squeaked.
He turned to you.
"I am, trust me."
Suddenly there was a happy sound from behind you. Lars dropped your hand to whip around.
"Steven?" He said with a sharp tone.
"Sorry, but you two are so cute!" Steven cried.
You smiled at him, putting your hands on your hips.
"I'm glad you think so, Steven."
Lars deflated, looking at you slowly.
"He always does this. He did it with Sadie, too." He sighed. "By the way, how is Sadie?"
You looked on with interest.
"I have a few pictures of her latest concert," Steven said, lifting his phone to Lars.
Lars took it and lowered it so you could see the screen.
"This is Sadie, we used to work together when I was back on earth."
"Earth?" You asked, tilting your head.
"A different planet where humans live, mostly..." Lars explained.
"Oh, people like you?"
"Yes, and Steven kind of." Lars answered.
"But he has a gem," You murmured, turning to Steven.
"It's a long story..." Steven said with a laugh.
"I'd most likely enjoy hearing it sometime," you smiled.
Lars stared at the phone a little longer before handing it back to Steven.
"Does she ever ask about me?" He questioned. "Anymore?"
Steven wore a contemplating expression.
"It's been a while since me and Sadie have actually talked..."
Lars sighed.
"Oh, okay, that's fine." He stared morosely into the distance, pastel hair gently moving with the wind.
You wanted to comfort him.
You took his arm and hugged it, leaning your head against his upper arm. He looked down at you in awe and you looked up at him with genuine sympathy.
He cleared his throat theatrically, flicking his collar a few times.
"We'll always have time to get back to Sadie..." he mumbled.
"She's doing pretty well, anyway," Steven shrugged. "She's a supercool rockstar, and she seems happy."
"That's good, if you ever get the chance to talk to her, tell her I hope she's happy," Lars mumbled, and then tugged you toward the Sun Incinerator.
You followed him quietly, still attatched to his arm for some reason. It just felt right. And he wasn't pushing you off, so you knew he was okay with it.
Finally, you two were underneath the protective shadow of the Sun Incinerator's front cabin. He sat down and you followed him, feeling comfortable once more.
"You miss Sadie."
You said, tilting your head.
He looked at you and sighed wearily, leaning back against a leg of the ship with a clank.
"Yeah, she was my best friend. I wasn't able to save her, I just ran away like a coward. Now I realize she hadn't needed me at all, she could save herself..." he sighed sadly.
You frowned.
"Well... look at what you've done. You've saved many others now. You should feel proud of her, don't worry, it sounds like she's doing fine. Maybe it took you leaving for both of you to grow. You've both accomplished a lot."
You leaned your head on his shoulder, still gripping his arm in yours.
He looked down at you with tears in his eyes.
"You think so?"
You nodded gently.
Then he did something you had never experienced before.
His lips met yours rather roughly, in front of the whole crew. You stared in awe as he pulled away.
"Sorry..." he said, a little befuddled by himself.
You swallowed thickly, playing through the way his gently chapped lips had felt against yours. The way his warm breath lingered on your tongue.
"Lars-" you murmured.
"Captain Lars will show affection towards Chrysoprase!" Padparadscha exclaimed, spinning around in Rhodonite's lap. Everyone else was already staring at the two of you.
"Sorry, everyone..." Lars murmured with a deep blush. You bit your lip, tugging on his arm.
"I loved that, what was it?"