chapter one

In the dark wispy night the wind howeld into the air sending shivers down the spine of any who dare listen. Light's flooded onto the pale ghostly looking woman as she screamed seeing the lifeless body hang by a thick rope.

"He strikes again!" The man next to her speaks. "The phantom of the opera!" The stage floods to black as the curtain is pulled ending the scene. The cast memebers rushing off to prepare the next part.

And there I was standing at the sideline with a broom in hand watching in amazement like I haven'tseen the rehearsals enough to perform every part on my own.

This was performance I would so much love to be in. "The phantom of the opera" is what it's called, something me and my mother watched for countless hours staring at whatever man hid behind the mask.

And you would think when you have recieved a message asking for your working assistance that after 8 years of theratric school it would be for this reason. Yet instead you end up cleaning up after the short nosed snobs we call actors.

And all because a friend of yours was short staffed. It explains why I was here at the moment staring into the stage watching the performance at hand imagining myself at the lead. But that's just wishful thinking a trivial thing really. Gives you hope. And everyones hates when hope disappears.

"Castilian" a deep voice rumbled into my ears. "Castilian" it repated.  And there he was. The main reason for me wishing I was the lead performing by his side.

"The phantom" is who he played. He stood infront of me face half covered by the notorious white mask dressed in dark black with a cape pooling at his feet. "I have to get on stage"

The heat instantly rushed to my face "of course I'm sorry" Despite me moving he still stayed by my side staring at me with a look I've never noticed him having before.

He pulled his gloved hand forward and gave me a single red rose tied with the silken black thread embedded with a jem. "Isn't that for Madeline? Don't you need them for the performance?"

His look didn't falter though stepped closer making his shadowed face seem so much more mysterious. "There's always more" and with that he walked onto the stage just as the curtain pulled upwards starting the next scene.

"You must stop him christine! He's in love with you!" The voices drowned out as I continued my cleaning.

After all the show must go on even if it is behind stage.