[1] You're In My Mind

{Andy}

"Tea, Mr. Beaumont?"
The blond, bubbly Brooklyn asks, and he patiently waits for Rye's response.

It's adorable how shy Brooklyn becomes after he talks to Rye, but somehow Rye makes us all feel like that.

I subtly watch from my bunk as Rye stops scrolling through Instagram and lifts his drooping head to Brooklyn's direction, exposing his attractive jawline and revealing those glistening hazel eyes.

Despite that dreamy face of his, I can't help but notice his purposely over-sized hoodie with those black skinny jeans suiting him perfectly. The bagginess at the sleeves with the tightness at the jeans really combine well.

Feeling ashamed with how I'm thinking about Rye, I now uncomfortably face the ceiling and instantly pray he didn't catch me analysing him like an utter creep. I release a deep breath that's been building up in my lungs and attempt to distract myself by replying to fans on Twitter.

"Yes, I would die for a tea right now. Also, why are you so cheerful this morning? You're normally quiet and...gloomy."
Brooklyn's joyous smile transfers into a gasp and he playfully shoves Rye's shoulder so he is now lying sideways on the leather sofa.

Rye's chuckle soon has me facing him again and without any intention of doing it, a small grin appears on my face.

"Excuse me, Beaumont! I'm never gloomy."
Brooklyn's smile soon reappears and he ambles out the bedroom in a blissful manner into the kitchen to make Rye's tea.

Silence soon fills the room again. Mikey and Jack left the flat ten minutes ago because we need to stock up on food so it's only the three of us at the moment, it's pretty peaceful.

"Andy, you have to see this!"
Rye laughs, filling my ears with pure joy.

I instantly shift my body from under my duvet and position my feet on the top metal bar of the ladder and, with care, step down while gripping on tightly for support.

With my puffy cheeks now revealed from the enormous smile on my face, I head over to the leather sofa where the oblivious boy with his defined brown curls is slouching.

Rye's hair is unique. It appears to be almost black in a shadow but whenever he moves into the light it transforms into a rich brown like the colour of milk chocolate. Rye pats the free space next to him suggesting to sit and so I do, of course I do.

"Here, watch this."
Rye slings his arm over my shoulder and positions the phone so we can both see.

A nervous lump forms in my throat from realising that our bodies are tightly compacted together and Rye's aftershave has my lungs immediately dancing sending my lips to curl into an unstoppable smile.

Rye plays the video and two teenage girls, I'm guessing who are fans, are doing the 'Take This Home TikTok Challenge'.

The girl on the left has flawless, toffee-coloured, silky curls laying on her shoulders and has a slim but well-structured body like a model and, of course, Rye is paying extra attention to her. As she does a twirl she stumbles into the river behind her and Rye's already wheezing with laughter causing his eyes to squint a little.

Rye is so lost in thought, he doesn't even look for my reaction. I glare at those glimmering eyes of his, the glimmer actually being the pretty girl's reflection.