Chapter 33

We got to San Francisco a lot earlier. Got to the arena and they told Becky and I we could go wonder around but to be back in time for soundcheck. It was 8am and soundcheck was at 5 so we had a few hours to ourselves. Becky and I had our driver Brad drive us to the nearest tattoo/piercing. My manager Ski had to come for this because I'm a minor.

We arrived at the shop and a woman maybe around 22 named Luna helped us out. She was about my heigh, sleeve tattoos, hair like Hayley Williams, pail face blue eyes.

"Hey what's up I'm Luna" she introduced herself. "What can I help you with"

"I want to get my lip pierced and a couple of tattoos" informed her.

"Well I gotta see your gardens ID" Ski handed her her ID. "Alright come with me you can have them come too." We followed her into a different room, she told me to sit in the chair. She got out the things she needed for the tattoos and piercing.

"Kayla are you sure your mom is okay with this?" Ski asked.

"For sure. Call her on FaceTime she said she wanted to see" I told her and she gave me a 'what the fuck' look.

"Okay kid what do you wanna do first"

"Piercing"

"Okay what kind do you want"

"I just want my left lower lip pierced" she nodded. Luna put on rubber gloves and a pen marking were I told her I wanted it. She then opened a packet with a needle.

Pretty soon I felt the sharp object go through. Ski had her back camera pointing to me ask I heard my moms voice saying "oh my god that seemed painful" Becky had my camcorder filming me.

"Alright there ya go kid" Luna told me. I looked in the mirror.

"Am I punk rock yet?" I said causing everyone to laugh.

"By the looks of your shirt....not yet" Becky said. I looked down at my shirt and realized I was wearing my Fifth Harmony shirt.

"Alright go you told me you wanted the 3 birds, and arrow right?" She said showing me the designs I picked out.

"Yup"

"What do they mean?" Becky asked.

"The birds stands for healing, clarity and warmth. Arrows can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just keep focus and keep aiming. There's more to them but that's all I rather say" I explained.

"Alright you ready?" Luna asked me.

"Yup" I said popping the 'p' "Wait Becky can you do me a favor?"

"Yea sure"

"Hold my hand" I said reaching my hand out to her. She excepted and handed the camcorder to Ski who was still factiming my mom.

I told Luna that I wanted the birds on my wrist, then the arrow on my forearm.

"Okay this hurts. This hurts so much" I said looking into the camcorder while gripping Becky's hand.

"Awwww Bayla" ski said referring to Becky and I.

"You two dating?" Luna asked not taking her eyes off my wrist.

"No I have a girlfriend" at the corner of my eye I saw Becky a little sad when I said that.

After the first done was the birds. Once the arrow was finished I was relieved from having my arm stabbed a billion times. Stupid needle.

"Hey I never caught your name" Luna told me.

"I'm Kayla smith"

"Oh my god my friends daughter loves you. Can we get a picture?"

"Yea of course"

We posed for a picture and I signed a paper for her.

"Hey can I get a picture of you on my phone so I can show my fans and of they want to get a tattoo to come to you cause I've seen my family members tats and they're not nearly as good as yours" I told luna. She agreed and Becky took a picture of us.

"Oh and about the lip piercing clean it after you eat and drink anything that isn't water and don't kiss or snog anyone" Luna informed me.

"Yea don't worry I'm not seeing my girlfriend for a while"

While in the car I got a FaceTime call from Lauren. I answered and her face appeared on the screen.

"Hey brown eyes" I smiled.

"Hey" she smiled back. "What's that shinny thing by your lip?" Lauren asked

"I uhh got it pierced" I said playing with the stud.

"Wait what's on your forearm?" Lauren asked a bit worried. I lifted my forearm showing her the arrow. "Oh my god. Kayla Ryder Smith you're gone for a day and you're already pierced and tattooed"

"Yea pretty much" I laughed.

"After the tour you're not gonna have sleeves and stuff right?"

"No I'm done with tattoos for while. The 2 I got hurt so mu-"

"Wait you got two?!"

"Yea" I said holding my wrist to the camera showing her the 3 birds. Then I removed my wrist I saw Lauren face palming herself. "If you wanna know the means I'll explain later because we just got to the venue and I have soundcheck, then a meet and greet then I gotta get ready"

"Okay and I already know the meaning behind the birds when you told me. Call me soon?"

"Yea for sure. I love you"

"I love you too"

I pressed end then climbed out of the car.

•••

After the sound check and meet & greet I was going through twitter and saw people zooming in on my arm were I had my tattoos. People started freaking out but in a good way. The people who came to the meet & greet basically confirmed that they were real from the redness on it. They also freaked out about my lip.

I made an instavideo confirming myself that they were real and that a video of me getting them will be posted on my YouTube channel. I people saying I was too young and that I'll regret them but I'm not. My dad hand an arrow tattooed as well the meaning I told Becky earlier was the same as his. Ever since my dad told me the meaning behind it I wanted to get it. Even more since everything I've been through. The births are healing, clarity, and warmth which to me is that I'm still recovering from everything I'm growing stronger everyday. So I'm just ignoring what people say.

•••

After the concert I felt relieved because and hour before I started to get nervous.

"How's your arm?" Becky asked me when we got back on the bus.

"Still a bit sore. You wanna watch a movie?"

"Yea sure"

Becky and I cuddled into my bunk while watching Frozen. Friends cuddle right? Were just friends. Friends.