Imperfectly Perfect *Never Have I Ever*

Chapter 14 

Aimee P.O.V

I escaped to the kitchen because I really needed a glass of cold ice water. They all went a little overboard about my new outfit. The skirt was too short in my opinion that I would never wear it outside the house ever. Then the top was cute but I felt like it needed a cardigan over it. My shoulders plus a little bit of cleavage was showing and it made me feel even more insecure. Just as I took a big gulp of water the one person I really did not want to encounter with spoke.

“Aimee, listen about what I said…” Jace started. But I was not having it.

“Jace, just leave me alone. Please, I can't do this anymore. Just as I forgive you and we are cool something like that happens and you can't expect me to always forgive you.”

“But I want your forgiveness. Look, every time I say something stupid like I don’t mean it. I was just getting really irritated that Logan was hitting on you.”

“Logan was not hitting on me,” I knew Logan totally wasn't because there was only one girl in his heart and it wasn’t me. “Besides why would you get irritated? Was someone jelly?” And just like that I knew that Jace was really just jealous. For what I didn’t know but the fact was evident in his bright hazel eyes.

“What? I was not jealous. I just think that Logan is not the right person for you,” the more Jace talked the redder his face was getting. Maybe he did have some feeling for me. Still, I was not impressed. I stood there just staring at the wall when suddenly the banana appeared in front of my face.

“Look, I am sorry for the things I said I really didn’t mean it. You don’t have stilts instead of legs. I promise not to call them that ever again. Look at this yellow banana. Just look at it. It wants you to be happy, look it even smiling at you” The banana joke finally got me and I cracked a smile.

“There it is the smile I love,” teased Jace but something in his eyes made me hot all of the sudden.

I really did not know what it was in Jace that made me forgive him so easily but whatever it was made me uncomfortable. I really didn’t want to like a person only for him to tease me and not in a good way. As I was a little lost in my own word I felt him take my hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked watching Jace take something from his pocked.

“I should have given it back to you a long time ago but I always forgot,” he said as he took my right ring finger and slipped a ring on it. As I watched him my heart started to beat faster. The moment was so intensive and my cheeks were on fire. When Jace finally stepped away from me I looked at my right hand and saw what I have been missing. My friendship ring that was with Jace all this time, I totally forgot about it. The penguin ring looked as it never left me. Well now I had some good news for Sky because she gone nuts when I said that I kinda lost it.

“Thank you.” I smiled a real smile.

“You’re welcome, Aimee,” Jace said as he was looking into my eyes. Just like that we were in our world again. I didn’t even realize that we were starting to lean into each other when someone shouted from the living room.

“Aimee and Jace, we are starting to watch the movie. Bring the food and drinks,” trust Sky to ruin the moment. Wait, did I and Jace seriously had a moment here? I looked at Jace and he looked at me. You can say that the situation was really awkward.

“We better go there or she will come here herself,” I said and quickly took the bowl with popcorn. Jace murmured something too while he took the drinks for the guys.