Chapter 5 - One Night Of Peace

Tomorrow Shepard started his Victory Tour at Palaven, It wasn't fighting Reapers, No, but it would still be work, something the current crew had gotten used to without. Shepard and Garrus were in the Portside Observation, Drinking, Trying not to think on Javik too much.

"Well Shepard, Even after all that you still couldn't leave duty?" He chuckled "Not yet." Shepard responded with a laugh. "Can't blame you, I couldn't give this up either, Not yet." Garrus nodded, downing another shot of Turian Ale.

"Garrus..It's hard to say but do you ever feel like..Without this war..Well I'd rather go through it again than not have met all you." Shepard said through a sip, Garrus nodded however "I know what you mean Shepard, No Tali, No Liara, No Vakarian and Shepard." He nodded again "I know exactly what you mean Shepard." They didn't say another word, each downing their glass.

"We should probably get to our rooms.." Shepard chuckled out "Busy day tomorrow." Garrus nodded, standing up from the Poker table. "Right..We'll do drinks again soon. And maybe some Poker." Garrus said, Standing up "Sleep well Shepard." He said, heading up to the room formerly housed by Miranda and Liara, Now however Garrus and Tali.

Shepard followed shortly after, Heading to the captains cabin on the top level. He was greeted to Liara at the desk, going through contacts and messages in her glasses, something she rarely wore around anyone. Shepard collapsed onto the bed, looking up at the stars. "Busy day tomorrow..." He mumbled, Liara following over and laying next to him. "Very."

Neither said anything for a little while, tired in each others embrace. "You know I have a speech planned, Mind listening?" Shepard asked, Liara quickly nodding

Shortly After

"..You held the line." Were his final words "Perfect Commander." Liara murmured, leaving Shepard to chuckle. They both lay back in a tired embrace, watching the stars in the night sky, the last night like this was...The trip to Earth. He thought back, And back further to the SR-1 and the trip to stop Saren. So much had happened these past 3 years..So much. And with that thought he drifted off, Unaware of what still remained in the shadows...