Chapter 13

At graveyard

Neil breaks the hug and cups Avni's face.

Neil - Now no more tears Avni, take your mother's blessings as we have to go for your  first counselling session.

Avni nods and takes her mother's blessings and they both left from there.

Outside counsellor's cabin

Avni was very nervous  and was fiddling with her dress, Neil noticed this and held her hand gently. He assured her through his eyes that she will be fine. Soon Avni was called in. She got up and looked at him with a confused face as if asking something. He understood her situation and smiled.

Neil - You have to go alone I can't accompany you.

Avni again becomes nervous.

Avni - But ...

Neil - You will do it Avni. Just be genuine.

Avni - You always give me confidence, please come with me. ( puppy dog eyes )

Neil - You will get your confidence from your inner self. Remember your today's painting, the way you have increased your ray of hope, in the same way you will increase your self confidence. 

Avni smiles and goes to counsellor's cabin. Neil sits outside and was waiting for her. After sometime she came outside and hugged Neil. Neil reciprocates.

Neil - What happened Avni ? Everything went well right ? ( concerned ).

Avni - ( still hugging) yes ... I just want to compose myself as it was new for me.

Neil -Don't worry Avni. You are fine now ...

Avni - Yes ...

With that she breaks the hug.

Avni - Mam is calling you inside ...

Neil - Okay, I should go then ..

Avni - You will go alone .. ( bit afraid )

Neil -  Yes ... What happened ?

Avni - Actually Neil.. ah... please don't leave me alone here... ( She was looking in a particular direction.)

Neil looks in that direction and found a group of boys sitting there. It didn't took him a minute to understand her inner turmoil. He knew that somewhere she is afraid of guys as some poisonous memories keep on playing in her brain.

Neil- Avni, ( He cups her face ) Listen you are safe here and if anything happens you can call me. Okay ?

Avni nods, Neil made her sit there and  gave her a glass of water. He went inside the counsellor's cabin.

Counsellor - She is recovering at good pace Neil. I mean it's totally unbelievable for me. When I met her for the  first time in police station, she was so weak but now she's becoming confident. Progress is really amazing.

Neil - My dad always says that sometimes love and care acts as rehab for a person who is deficient in this phase. Avni will improve and I will make sure that she becomes more bold and confident.

Counsellor - That's great Neil. I don't think you need some special instructions but bring her for sessions regularly.

Neil - Sure. Now I should take a leave. Thanks for your time.

Counsellor - That's my duty Neil. ( smiles).

Neil leaves the cabin and saw Avni sitting outside with closed eyes as she was scared to look around her surroundings in his absence. Neil keeps his hand on her shoulder and she opens her eyes as she recognise his touch. He smiles and makes her stand, after that they walks towards car and Neil starts driving.