It's been 6 years since Castiel recieved the news about his father. In that time he has gone from valued household member to something closer to The Help. He is expected to do everything from laundry to cooking meals to cleaning and everything else in between. The only person whos still talks to him like a person is Balthazar.

"Cassie have you seen my blue scarf?" Balthazar calls from upstairs. Castiel grabs the accessory in question and makes his way to his step-brother's room.

"Is there anything else you require sir?" Castiel asks, keeping his eyes down.

"Cassie, my sister and Mother went to town. It's just us here."

Castiel raises his head and gives him a soft smile. "My apologises Brother. Mistress Naomi is unpleasant when I don't show submission."

"Mistress Naomi is unpleasant." He parrots. "Brother Nao-bitch is unnecessarily cruel to you. You are our equal, not our slave."

"I almost have enough saved to journey away from that awful woman." Castiel says weakly.

"You need more than the few coins you recieved from selling your belongings." Balthazar sits back and thinks for a moment before saying, "What if I tell her I need you to help me in town? You can get out of the house during the day and maybe work some odd jobs."

"I would appreciate that very much Brother. Thank you."

~~

Castiel waits silently in the hall when Naomi and Anna return. Balthazar seeks them out immediately.

"Mother! You remember how you said Castiel belongs to all of us?"

"What is it that you need my son?" She says with an exasperated tone.

"I would like to start going to town but I need him to carry my stuff. I want to look good in case the prince is there. I can't be loaded down."

"Fine, fine. As long as he still gets his normal chores done I don't care what you or your sister use him for."

"Thank you ma'am!"

Castiel scurries into the kitchen to start the evening meal. He hears Balthazar come in a few minutes later.

"Cassie!" He sings, "You and I are going into town tomorrow. I need a pack mule." He winks.

Castiel rolls his eyes and smiles. "Of course sir."

He turns his attention back to the meal he is preparing: baked chicken and rice, fresh baked bread, and apple pie.

When everything is finished, he quickly sets the table for three and rings the bell to notify the household it's time to eat. He stands in the corner waiting to serve the food and take away dishes as needed. Dinner is silent as usual. Until he brings out dessert.

"What is this peasant food, Castiel?" She sneers while Anna laughs quietly at him as he stumbles slightly.

"Apple pie ma'am. We were out of chocolate and I improvised using a recipe from this book I read last week. It stated that the dish is quite popular with..."

"Silence!" Castiel freezes, afraid of another 'lesson' on obedience. "You are telling me that you used the food that I pay for to experiment?"

"No... I mean I used the house food but I wasn't experimenting... I was nearly certain of the outcome..."

"Speak plainly Castiel." She grinds with a hard edge to her voice.

"Yes ma'am. I used ingredients without permission. I concede to whatever punishment you see fit." Castiel lowers his head in submission.

"Meet me in The Room in a hour." Her smile anything from sweet.

"Yes ma'am." He replies solemnly without looking up.

"In the meantime, clean up this slop. I want the dishes done completely before we reset you."

"Of course ma'am."

He hurries to clean of the table and carries all the dishes into the kitchen. A sudden tap on his shoulder startles him enough to drop a dish. Thankfully it landed back in the sink. He whirls around to to see his step-brother.

"You cleaned that pie thing out yet?" Balthazar asks.

"Not yet. I wanted to try it before..." Castiel's voice breaks slightly.

"Hey, none of that. I was gonna bring it up to my room so we can share it after mom..." he trails off for a moment. "After." He says finaly.

"Thank you Balthazar." He says softly.

Balthazar grunts in response and leaves. Castiel returns to cleaning off the barely eaten food, saving parts of it for later. If he eats now he will eat up vomiting it during his session with Naomi.  Thinking about it makes his stomach turn. Glancing at the clock tells him he has 8 minutes to meet her so he hurries through the last of the chore and makes his way upstairs.

I'm so sorry this update took so long. I am going through a horrible custody battle with my ex. Aka the abusive asshole who physically and mentally abused me and my babies. I have the next chapter started but I wont set myself up for failure by promising a date. I just hope by the end of this month. My goal is before Thanksgiving but don't hold me to that. I love yahll!