Chapter 17 You're Getting Married!?

A\N Prepared to be sort of mind blown. Even I mind blew myself writing this chapter.Go me!

Whose knows how long you were passed out? Depending on the power the stun was set to, it could've been at least a few hours. When you finally came to your senses, you found yourself in a luxurious room. As if you were back at the palace or possibly somewhere of high class. But why would you be kidnapped and taken here of all places? You were expecting somewhere dark and dirty. Although you couldn't really complain. This must mean the kidnapper planned to keep you alive, which was always a good thing. You rose from the bed and the first things you did was check the door. It was locked like you expected. You potentially could kick down the door. But you wouldn't know your own Vulcan strength and who knew what was outside this room. Besides, you didn't have your phasor or tricorder on you. They must have took it. Better to sit here and wait for the kidnapper to return and explain what they wanted from you.

Kirk POV

Like anything else could get any worse. Who and why did they kidnap her? I was surprised and mostly confused. Everything was going well. "This was obviously premeditated Captain" Spock told me. A coincidence, it was not. Finding (Y\N) was going to be exponentially more difficult on a planet we had no data of. The kidnapper is either still in the city or they left the city. Both areas are wide and open. Too much to cover in too little time. We can't just leave her. "Our new top priority is to find (Y\N) and figure out who and why she was kidnapped" I said. I hailed the Enterprise and asked for Scotty to beam us up. This situation needs to be discussed immediately.

Quickly back on the Enterprise, I called an emergency meeting on the bridge and explained what had happened. "I will not leave without her or take any further action with the Pharaoh until (Y\N) is found" I declared. I know it was risky to put our main objective on standby, but my crew was more important to me. Everyone seemed to be on the same page. They all understood that every single person aboard the Enterprise was vital to its function and that we all were a family no matter what. "Scotty I want you to keep tabs on the location you beamed us up from. That is where the kidnapping happen" I informed him. Spock and I will have to go back down and treat the area like a crime scene. It's out only way of finder (Y\N). "Spock and I will send pictures of any evidence we find. If anyone finds anything, let us know" I said. Spock and I created a list of things we saw during the event. What the kidnapper looked like, which way he came from, his mode of getting away and anything else that will help us get a lead. It also help the crew know what to be searching for. When that was finished, I assigned specific task to everyone. With no time to waste, Spock and I beamed back down to the crime scene.

Back on the ground, the only main led we had was the animal prints that horse thing left us. But majority of the prints were faded due to the population walking over them. The only hope we had was to keep going in the same direction. Spock scanned an example into his tricorder to keep as a record. Using a unique feature on the tricorder, we were able to follow the path of prints easily. Thanks to the tricorder's ability to even recognize partial hoof prints. We managed to follow them for a good while until the prints disappeared entirely once we went back deeper into the city. The heavy crowd had erased everything. So we were back to square one. "Scotty mark this location, the hoof prints seemed to have disappeared" I noted to Scotty. "Yes Sir" he answered.

Your POV

It seemed like a lot of time as passed. But you were sure, it only has been at least 30 minutes. Finally the door opened and in stepped a woman with her faced covered in a hood for protection from the outside heat. She closed the door behind her gently and then revealed her face. She was a Vulcan middle aged woman. You remembered Priest Sefu mentioning there were others left behind. She must be one of them. But there was no way this woman was the kidnapper, right? The woman looked you up and down and nodded with affirmation. "Yes you'll make a beautiful bride now that you are a beautiful young lady, (Y\N)" she mentioned. Wait. Wait. What? How did she know your name and what did she mean bride? At this point you felt targeted for a reason and really creeped out. "Who are you?" you asked defensively, not allowing the woman to get any closer. The woman took no offensive, "I am your mother dear. You were the child who was stolen from me" she explained. Stolen? No, that's not it. "You're lying. My parents adopted me, when my real parents died" you growled. The woman had a lot of patience, "That's what you think. Your father, yes he died that night. But I survived thanks to the same ability you now have. I was however, terribly wounded. One they took me and your father to hospital, I escaped" she told you. If this woman was telling the truth, then you had all your answers you wanted right here in front of you. "If you were alive then why did you never come to get me?" you asked curious. If she wanted to protect you then she would've came to get you. She shook her head, "I figured being in an adopted family would be safer for you to grow up. The people who attacked me and your father than night were working for the dark side of the government. I was already on their watch list and they wanted to take you from me and your father because of the possibility of you having my powers. Although during the struggle, they figured it would be better to kill us all. Your father defended us long enough for your parents to show up. I faked being dead so they would take you to a safer place and so the government would never find you" she told you. All this was a lot to process but you finally had the final piece of the puzzle. There was only one question left. "Why was I kidnapped?" you asked. The reason couldn't have been just to meet in secret. "Didn't you hear what I said? You are to be married to the high priest. I promised him to you." She said. Promised? But what were the chances she knew you were coming to this planet. Unless this whole mission was a twisted set up. You couldn't put in any words, "How?" was all you could ask confused. "It was actually Sefu's idea. When he was younger he was dedicated to finding a wife, but he wanted someone from Vulcan. I told him that I had a daughter who lived on Earth. From that moment he was set on marrying you. I was happy of course. He was a good man dedicated to the Pharaoh. So, with the Pharaoh's permission, he created this whole plan to bring you specifically here" she told you. So the Pharaoh was in on this plan. The only benefit with reconnecting with Starfleet would be to enrich his people from trade, increasing the economy. But all this, just to bring you here. Your mind was more from blown away. "We knew the only way to marry you was to take you away from your Starfleet comrades and now, my daughter, you shall be married tomorrow at dawn" she finished. No. No. You didn't want to get married. Hell no. Especially to someone you didn't know and lived here. Not that this planet wasn't amazing. But your work was with Starfleet, you couldn't stay here. No, you won't allow it. You had to get out of here. "I'm not marrying the priest" you rebelled. You felt yourself getting unstable. "It would be wise to just listen. If you don't there can be dire consequences. Please, as your mother, listen to me and marry" she pleaded. Your mother was telling the truth, you could tell. Any mother would want the best for their children, but something about that Priest rubbed you the wrong way. He may have been nice when you met him, but you had a sense that his motive was something different.