ONE|DAVID DOBRIK

REQUESTED
LEILA

🖤

David Dobrik. Leader of the Vlog Squad, and my loving boyfriend. Well.. at least he used to be loving. Now he's just- I'm not sure what happened but we were so close. Not anymore. Recently he's become more obsessed with positing on YouTube. He just edits the vlogs and films all day, never having time for me nowadays. I wish he could just take some time out of his day to at least talk to me, maybe even just be with me but no, he's busy.

"We need to talk" I said, crossing my arms as I walked over to his spot in the living room couch. He had his usual black clothes on, his legs crossed with his computer on his legs. Of course he was editing. He decided to pretend as if I didn't exist, as if I didn't live in the same house as him. Well this is going great so far, is it?

"David." I said, a bit louder than before. He had his headphones in. No wonder he couldn't hear me. I see him turn the volume all the way up, that I can hear what clips would be in tonight's vlog. I groaned in annoyance before pulling off his headphones out and shutting off his computer.

"Leila, what the fuck, I could've lost the footage!" He shouted out angrily, starting to turn his computer back on. "Put that damn computer away David!" I shouted at him, taking it away from his hands and throwing it over to the couch next to us. I continued to stand in front of him, probably fuming from how angry I was.

David looked up at me, not saying a word, his eyebrows scrunched together, possibly waiting for me to say something. "What's up with you?" I asked him, sounding a bit hurt. His eyes softened before glaring at the ground. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He let out a soft sigh.

"Well, tell me. Did I do something wrong?" I asked, crossing my arms. He didn't reply. Does he just not care? I shook my head before walking towards the kitchen. "Okay. We're done, Dave" I said to him while walking away.

Immediately David jumped up from the couch and ran towards me. "No, Leila please, I'm sorry. Wait, I.." He seemed like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't. He continued to follow me. I was already in the bedroom we shared, packing my bag. "No David. You should've said something. I've been waiting for you. I waited so goddamn long" I let out an exhausted sigh.

"I waited too long.. so, I'm done. More specifically we're done" I said to him, turning my body towards his. I couldn't help but occasionally glance at his lips. My body longed his touch, I missed him so damn much. But I couldn't just let him win. He always won. But, I had to stand my ground. He grabbed onto my wrist and I stared down at the floor. He slowly lifted up my chin and made me look into his eyes. His watery, reddish eyes.

He slowly began to lean forward but- I turned my head to the side.

"David, no... I tried talking about it, I tried waiting, I tried almost everything and I'm not going to pretend that our relationship has gone to shit, because guess fucking what?! It's gone to shit, and it's your fault. You stopped talking to me, you stopped kissing me, you even stopped being there. You stopped being my boyfriend, so today I stop being your girlfriend." I said, yanking my arm away from his hand and pushing him back a bit.

I packed my bag and as I was about to walk out the bedroom door, he began to speak. "I'm sorry for being an ass, Leila. I guess youtube just got to my head. I-I.. I'm so sorry, baby." David said, tears threatening to spill from his eyes while his bottom lip quivered softly. I dropped by bag down next to me and turned back towards David. I listened to him.

"I let myself go." He admitted. "Stuff happened and I guess just wasn't myself anymore. I felt... different. I started a tighter schedule and I went to film more, slept at Jason's house sometimes because I couldn't drive back here.. even my posting schedule became bad. I post Tuesday's Thursdays and Friday's now." David said, fiddling with his fingers nervously before letting out a small, awkward chuckle.

"But.. I'm sorry. The point of me telling you this is that.. I'm sorry for getting too focused on filming the vlogs. I didn't want to let down the fans and- and I've honestly not been in a good, mental state right now"

"David... why didn't you tell me?" I said, stepping towards David. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug, and David gently placed his head on my shoulder. I heard quiet sobs as I slowly rubbed his back. "David, you should've told me. Filming your vlogs shouldn't be making you stressed. You just need some time off, and I'm sure the fans would understand" I said, slowly starting to play with his hair as he started to wipe away some of his tears on my sweater.

I felt bad for him; he wasn't feeling himself lately. I need to be there for him, especially right now.

"Hey, we'll get through this, okay? If anything's ever wrong just talk to someone. Talk to me, to Jason, anyone... and you're going to take a break from vlogging." I said to him, taking his hand in mine.

"Okay. I'm s-sorry.. again. Please forgive me, Leila, for being an ass" He said, sniffling a bit. I began to nod slowly before continuing to hug the boy I love.

"It's okay, Bub."

—AUTHORS NOTE!
YAY FIRST ONE SHOT IS UP!
PLEASE LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS AS WELL AS VOTING.
THIS IS MESSY BUT A NEW AND BETTER ONE WILL BE UP, I PROMISE!

DONT FORGET TO REQUEST!

[982 WORDS]