Chapter 13: Breach

I woke up to Lapis poking me in the head. 

"Why. The. Poking?" I growled out. 

"Because it wakes you up quickly." Lapis said. 

I opened my eyes and saw my team surrounding me. Carli sat at the foot of bed, Lazuli standing next to her. Lapis was standing next to me, STILL poking me. I swatted her hand away. 

"What!" I growled. 

"Spill. How was the date? What was the date?" 

I sighed and told them everything. 

"Awwww Ox, I didn't know you knew how to be so romantic." Lapis said. 

I hit her with a pillow. 

"That's is shockingly romantic Ox." Carli said. 

I raised the pillow again and she turned invisible. 

"No fair." I said, going over to the coffee pot and pouring about half of it in my cup. She reappeared next to Lazuli. 

"Get dressed. We need to head out in an hour." Lapis said. 

I drained my cup and grabbed some clothes. 

I took a quick shower and dried off quickly, or at least, as quick as you can with fur, and headed back to the room. My weapons were already there, due to me upgrading my hammer. Now, I can deploy and retract the extended handle with just a flick of a switch. 

I came in a saw Velvet sitting on my bed, laughing with my team. 

"Hey babe." I said. 

She smiled. "Hey sweetheart." 

She came over and gave me a quick kiss. "I just stopped by to tell you good luck with your mission. And that last night was the best date I've ever had." She said, whispering the last part. 

I blushed. "Thanks. I'll meet up with you when we get back. Shouldn't be too long. I hope. I still don't know what it is." I said, looking at Lapis. 

"I'll...tell you on the plane." She said. 

"I'm not going to like it am i?" 

"Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to have an open mind." 

I sighed. "it's going to be a long day." Velvet laughed. "Be safe love." 

"Kiss for luck?" I asked. 

She pretended to think it over before dramatically sighing. "Oh, I guess." 

I grinned and bent down. When we, finally, broke apart, she waved at the others. 

"Bye guys. Be safe." 

"Bye Velvet." Carli said. 

"Let's go." I said. 

As we headed for the landing pad, we ran into Team JNPR. 

"Hey guys." I called. 

"Hey Ox. how'd the date go." Nora asked. 

"Really well." I said. 

"Ooooh." 

"Everything ok Jaune?" Lapis asked. 

"I don't know. I got a call from Ruby last night, but it cut off after a couple seconds and I couldn't make out anything." 

"Weird." Lapis said. 

"Probably a butt dial." Nora responded. 

"Team RWBY has always performed superbly in past." Ren said. We all nodded.