Chapter One: Shadows of Love

There was a small little house that sat near a cow field. It was around 7AM in the morning and the sun was peeping up from the abyss that it hid in during nighttime. Cows were heroically mooing, and roosters were crowing as if there was a new life beginning. As the light of the sun lit up the sky, giant puffy marshmallows appeared floating in the air. A light orange tint flew through the sky and the sounds of birds sharply whistled parallel with the buzzing of bees. Summer time mornings. A slam came from the front door as a young man walked outside. He had some black running shorts on and a white tee shirt. His strawberry blonde hair glimmered as he stepped out into the light of day. His new shoes, colored in a mixture of red and black to resemble the colors of the college he attended, pointed arrows in the direction of which he was headed. Every step was delicate to make sure the shoes wouldn't get dirty. He walked towards his car and swung around the keys to his vehicle until the right one landed in his left hand. "Ugh, I have to get this car washed sometime soon." Suddenly, a creaking sound arose, and his mother yelled "Be safe Tommy I love you!" "I love you too momma" he replied while hopping into the furnace of a car. He reached for his pocket and pulled out a phone. "Stupid aux cord" he muttered while moving it, so he could charge his phone. "Call My Baby Girl" Tommy said. "Calling My Baby Girl kiss mark, red heart, face with heart shaped eyes, fire, Taylor Denise Harris" Siri replied, while talking in a British accent. The phone rang, and Tommy hit speaker to hear the constant ringing of the phone. While listening to the phone, he started the car and shifted gears to reverse and then drive to get out on the road to reach school. "Hello?" squeaked a voice from the small device. "Good morning Baby Girl!" "Good morning, are you ready for school?" "Today is Saturday, we don't have school." "Oh yeah, are you coming over?" "I'm on my way right now!" "Alright, I'll see you soon, I love you!" "I love you too, bye." After about 25-30 minutes of constant driving, Tommy finally turned into the driveway of a beautiful house. It was white with what appeared as two stories. The yard was nicely trimmed, and the foundation of the house looked amazing with brick stacked perfectly on top of each other to create a perfect Jenga tower. Tommy stepped out of his car and headed towards the front door while butterflies were flying within his stomach. The most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life was about to be in front of him and he knew that if he messed up, even once, she would crush his heart and leave him for dog snack. After a pep talk to himself, he took a deep breath and knocked quite softly on the giant door that stood ahead of him. A small piece of the blinds on the door shuffled out of place and an eye appeared creepily. He smiled while the door flung open and was greeted with the one who made his heart flutter. Taylor stood, long blonde and brownish hair flowing, with some short volleyball shorts on and a "GO ARMY" tee shirt that she stole from him in the doorway, her arms stood out welcoming like a stuffed teddy bear awaiting its hug. "Hey Beautiful." He leaned in for a kiss and felt her warm, soft touch run against his lips. Pulling away, his heart was melted like a chocolate fountain. "I love you!" "I love you too baby girl." He stepped inside, and the door shut behind him. These were the days of love. These were the days that he will never forget, fallen between lost time and broken memories.