Letter One: A Mother's Pain

A letter to my son:I know this past year has been hard, but we'll get through it even if you aren't here with me, I would of loved to have gotten to bring you home with me hun, but burring you was the hardest thing I could of ever done in my life, I hope you know I think of you often, and that I know you'll be watching over me until my time comes so we can be with you again, until that time comes just know I love you more than anything in this world, and that I'll visit you as soon as I get the chance, until then I'll stay strong til the end, say hi to grandma for me sweetie!-love mommy

Above is a letter written by yukiisweird12 to her dearly departed son. It may not be a long one but it is one filled with the pain of a grieving young mother. She has given me permission to share her son's story with you so here it is. 

"I thought my pregnancy was just fine until after 1 ultrasound, my doctor noticed my baby's arm /wrist was curved and it wasn't normal so I ended up having to go see a specialist at first they thought my baby was a girl but when I was referred to my specialist we found out it was a boy! So at the ultrasound there they confirmed his arm/wrist was curved and that they needed to take some amniotic fluid to figure out what would be wrong with him, so I'm waiting on the phone call and they tell me your son has trisomy 18 so he won't live for long, they tell me this over the phone, so I go into my next appointment, and they tell me the same thing he has trisomy 18 and will only live a few hours after birth or a week and if I'm lucky a year, but I had made it to the half way mark so he's make it till birth but in case not i was sent to choices they help mothers who are about to lose their baby, so my second appointment with them, they did an ultrasound and recorded the heart beat to put in a bear, bad thing is it's only good for 1000 times, so after that 1000th button push it's gone, at my 3rd appointment with them, I found out he was gone, he had water in lungs, and it shattered my heart I never knew my baby was gone, so I called my fiance while he was at work, in a mangers meeting and tell him that our baby didn't make it and we'd be going to the hospital soon, after giving birth we found out he had been gone for about a week already, a week or 2 later we buried him, in a little tux, and we visit him whenever we get the chance to."

We are sorry for your loss, honey, and we are all happy you shared your loss with us. May your son Rest In Peace.