Chapter One

Sawyer's Pov
Five years ago

"Come on dad! I went to college like you asked. Please let me prospect!" I pleaded with my father. I had been trying to prospect into the club for years. He had no problem with my brother Abel joining the club. I had no doubt that Lucah would join as soon as he got his shit together and Thomas would follow suit.

"Sj I told you it's not happening!" He said using my nickname.

"You let Abel join! I have no doubt you'll let Tommy Join when he's old enough! The only reason Lucah isn't a Son is because he's to buried in women! So dad? What is it? Why can't I join?" I asked yelling. We were in the chapel so I didn't care who was outside that door. It wasn't their business.

"You just can't! I'm sorry!" He said

"NO! Just tell me why the hell I can't prospect for the club! Is it because I'm your daughter? Because you are scared I'm not strong enough? Because I'm not good enough for you? Huh?" I asked. At the time I didn't realize I left out the right answer. It had slipped my mind.

"God Damn It, Sawyer Its because you're a girl! For as long as Samcro has been around we have never had a female member and I plan to keep it that way! This is my club and it's my responsibility to uphold all the rules."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!? I can't join because I have a fucking vagina! Real classy daddy! I fucking despise you!" I said storming out of the chapel heading straight for the door.

"Hey, Sj where the hell are you going?" I heard Abel yell as he followed me out.

"Away from the sexist pig, we call a father! This whole fucking time I thought he wouldn't let me join because I was too young and not as skilled as you! I was so fucking wrong! He won't let me join because I'm a girl!" I said sitting on my bike.

"It will be okay Sawyer, I'll talk to him okay." Abel said giving me a hug.

I sped off on the road. I headed straight for Stockton State Prison. My boyfriend Lincoln was there. He had prospected for the club about 3 years ago. He patched in pretty quickly. But a year ago a run went bad as a result of my dad going back into dealing guns. Lincoln took the fall for my father. He said he wouldn't let me have my father in prison because I needed him in my life.

"Babe, what are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming for a visit till tomorrow." He said pulling me in for a kiss.

"I wanted to see you early. Its been two weeks since I've come to visit." I said as we sat down.

"Okay, Sj What's going on? I can see it written all over your face?" he said rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb.

"My father finally told me why I'm he won't let me prospect." I said searching his eyes for a reaction.

"Oh, baby I'm sorry." He said with a guilty look.

"YOU KNEW?" I yelled/asked.

"Ms.Teller calm down or we will remove you." The guard warned.

"That's okay. I'll remove myself. This visit is over." I said storming out.

________________________________

I couldn't believe how they could sit and act concerned when they all knew I would never be able to join. I'm twenty three. I'm the same age as Abel when he was patched. It's utter bullshit!

I rode back to TW and started working on one of the cars sitting there. It was the only thing that seemed to ever calm my nerves, well besides Lincoln.

"Aye doll face your dad's been looking for ya." Uncle Tig said as he leaned up against the tool bench.

" Uncle Tig he can come tell me that himself. As to the rest of y'all, you kept this from me just like him so in my opinion you are just as fucked up. " I said turning to face him I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"I know doll face, but in our defense we have been trying to get him to just let you prospect. You know how head strong he is." He said said scratching the back of his neck.

________________________________________
Abel 's POV

I knew my dad wouldn't let Sawyer join for more reasons then just because she was a girl but she wouldn't budge. She has been dead set on joining the club since we were kids. We both are. Sawyer doesn't understand that dad just doesn't want to get her hurt or to see her get killed.

"Dad you have to be reasonable here. She wants this just as bad as we did. She loves us and this club to no end. Hasn't she at least earned a shot to prospect?" I reasoned him.

"Abel this isn't like you or me joining the club. This is Sawyer we are talking about. She's reckless as hell, who know what could go wrong. Let alone the fact that She's the Samcro Princess. The daughter of the president and the sister to the VP! That puts her in enough danger as it is. Her being a fucking member! That's a death wish. Not to mention we'd be breaking one of the founding rules. Strictly men, No Women members." He ranted running a hand through his long blonde hair.

" Dad come on, just give her a shot. If it doesn't work out then you can tell her she didn't live up to expectations and that the club isn't for her. She just wants a shot. " I said in a last stitch effort.

"Alright, but your her sponsor. She your responsibility to keep her in line. You kids are gonna be the death of me." He said with a chuckle.

" I will... " I started when my cell rang.

"Hey babe, everything alright?" I asked noticing it was my girlfriend Teq

" Abel your grandmother is here stirring up trouble. My boss is talking to her now. I'm gonna get fired if she keeps doing this shit. " she said with annoyance.

"Shit, I'll be there in five." I said hanging up.

" I have to head over to the diner Gemma is harassing Tequila and her boss again. This is the third time and she's worried she'll get fired. " I said.

"Good God that women needs to learn some fucking boundaries. Alright just tell Tig to tell Sj I need to speak with her." He said lighting a cigarette.

I walked out and headed to the door.

"Aye Tig! Dad needs to talk to Sj! Asked for you to get her!"
I yelled.

"Ight brother!" He yelled back and headed to the garage. I rode off to the diner.