05•

Yuta needs to convince Taeyong to head to the roof at lunch. He doesn't know how he will as the older doesn't like going there alone.

Yet before he even thinks about this, he needs to figure out how he is going to get Sicheng to talk to him.

Ever since their argument, the Chinese refuses to speak to him, repeating that he can't help Yuta.

It's fair to say that Yuta regrets everything that he said to the boy. He was too worked up over getting to the gymnasium.

They are seated in their group, discussing he project. Sicheng won't even respond to Yuta when he makes contributions. He'll only talk when the others do.

It hurts Yuta to see him doing this.

Though it makes him feel slightly better to see how Kun is still managing to get a smile to form on the younger's lips.

Jaehyun is seated next to Taeyong who keeps blushing at nearly everything which the younger says to him. Yuta can't help but chuckle at the sight.

His friend is so whipped.

It didn't take long for Yuta to become isolated in the group. With Jaehyun talking to Taeyong and Sicheng talking to Kun, he found himself working in silence.

Soon the class comes to an end which makes Yuta happy, only briefly as he soon remembers what he has to convince Taeyong to do.

Jaehyun will be waiting to ask the older on a coffee date. Yuta told him to keep an eye on Taeyong as he may pass out when he hears this, or even worse, fall off the roof.

"I'm so hungry, please tell me we are heading straight to the canteen" Taeyong exclaims as they exit the classroom together.

"I am, you're going to the roof" Yuta states simply causing his friend to shoot him a confused look.

"Why?" He asks and the Japanese boy just shrugs.

"I haven't figured that out yet," He mumbles to himself. "Could you just go and thank me later?"

"If you're coming then yeah I will" Taeyong says quietly before continuing in the direction of the canteen.

"Just head to the roof. You won't regret it. They are selling food here today" Yuta cringes at what he's saying. Surely he must sound like an absolute fool right now.

Taeyong tilts his head to the side and scratches the back of his head. After a moment of silence he sighs.

"Fine, I'll go. Only cause I trust you."

"Thank you" Yuta smiles in relief as he watches his best friend walking away.

He is going to be so happy. The person who he has been crushing on for the past three years is going to ask him out.

Turning on his heel, Yuta makes his way to the cafeteria. He frowns when he sees Sicheng seated alone at the table which Yuta and Taeyong usually sit at.

Without grabbing food, Yuta makes his way to the table and sits opposite the other.

Sicheng goes to leave when he sees him but Yuta calls out in a pleading tone, "Please."

At this, the Chinese takes a seat again and continues to eat without looking at the person opposite him.

"I'm sorry for what I said before. I was cruel. You have to believe me when I say that I had a good reason to be." Yuta begins.

"I know I'm new here, but I'm pretty sure that no matter what country it is, there is never an excuse to treat someone like that" Sicheng remarks, briefly looking up.

"Listen please," Yuta scratches the back of his neck. "My life is really complicated. My brother was in danger. I didn't want you to follow as if you saw what happened, you wouldn't be fond of me anymore. You'd see me as a pathetic human being and probably reveal it to the whole school. I was doing whatever I could to try and lose you so I could go and be a loser without anyone seeing."

Sicheng puts down his cutlery at this. He meets the oldest gaze and tilts his head slightly.

"You were really harsh. I'm hurt."

"I'm sorry, what else do you want me to say?"

"I'll forgive you on one condition," Sicheng looks around as though to make sure no one was watching as he leans over the table. "You have to tell me your story. Let me understand what is going on in your life. Then you don't have to hurt me again."

Yuta wants to tell him that will never happen. It's his personal information. He isn't going to randomly tell this person who he hardly knows, everything about his past.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks instead.

Sicheng nods, interested in what it will be as he leans back in his seat again.

"Why are you trying so hard to be in my life?"

"Because your life is a book which I want to be one of the main characters in." Sicheng says simply. "You seem to be worth all this effort."

"YUTA" Taeyong screams his friends name as he runs up to him. He places a hand on his shoulder as he comes to a stop next to him.

"Slow down" Yuta laughs as he sees the look of excitement on the older's face.

"Jaehyun asked me out. Jaehyun asked me out! Jaehyun asked me the frick out!" Taeyong yells before realising they are in public, immediately blushing.

Yuta can't help but grin himself, Taeyong is glowing. He's so happy.

"My friend isn't single anymore. You've left me in the dust. I don't know how I feel about that" He says to scare his friend.

"You'll always be my first priority Yuta. We've been friends for ages I'm not going to let Jaehyun take me away from you don't worry" Taeyong wraps his arm around Yuta's shoulders.

Yuta nods but he can't help but worry that his friend will begin to slowly be drawn towards Jaehyun more then him.

Part of him is ecstatic for his friend, yet the other part regrets sending him to the roof.

A/N - be sure to check out our new jaeyong story if you haven't! i'm advertising it everywhere wowzers.

i hope you all enjoyed the update!

thanks for reading!!